2002 Passat

bertson

Hi,
I'm going to look at a 2002 1.9 TDI at the weekend. It's an english import so its full spec. The car is gauranteed through the NCT. Its 17500 euros. I will be trading in a 01 Focus hatchback, 90 k miles, so would I be looking at 8k along with my own??

Any thoughts on the above would be appreciated, I'm only going up 1 year so should I look for an alternative

I don't like the Octavia or Mondeo

bertson said:
Hi,
I'm going to look at a 2002 1.9 TDI at the weekend. It's an english import so its full spec. The car is gauranteed through the NCT. Its 17500 euros. I will be trading in a 01 Focus hatchback, 90 k miles, so would I be looking at 8k along with my own??

Any thoughts on the above would be appreciated, I'm only going up 1 year so should I look for an alternative

I don't like the Octavia or Mondeo

Have you checked out www.autotrader.ie and www.cgb.ie to see what this model and year is worth?

I am assuming that the VRT has been paid on the car already, i.e. did you do this when you imported it. If not, you will have to find out the VRT implications.

Make sure and get the 130 bhp and six speed gearbox.

Masses of power and great fuel efficiency.

I got my 2001 just over a year ago.

Full spec included climate leccy windows all round heated seats alloysfull chrome pack. The sport model also has lower stiffer suspension which rides much better than standard.

Check out [broken link removed] or www.carzone.ie and do a search for the passat.

Touch wood no problems with the car so far.

I would say that there are plenty of them out there so don't buy the first one you look at.

Word of advice if it up around the 50k miles mark insist they change the timing belt on the service. Appartently VW will charge the guts of €1000 for this.

Frank

Back