2001 Short Year Contributions

kbie

On a leaflet, Contribution Classes and Benefits Covered’ which I have from welfare the following note is stated:

‘14 A special contributions were awarded for the 2001 short tax year, which may be used for the calculation of all benefits, but cannot be used to satisfy the 260 full rate paid contribution condition.’

I will be short 11 credits or contributions to give me a particular level of Contributory State Pension, when I have completed my payments. Can the ‘special contributions’ referred to above be used as ‘A’ credits to calculate the average number of contributions per year. In the year 2001 my contribution statement states I paid 52 Class D contributions.

I will be assessed under the 520 full rate paid contributions.

As I cannot find this reference on the welfare.ie website, any enlightenment would be appreciated.

Its unlikely. Credited contributions are normally at the same class as your last paid contribution.
It looks as though you have already gotten extra contributions added - at your prevailing class - if your record says you have 52 in that year.

As you already have 52 contributions (class D) for 2001 you cannot have any more than that in any one tax year.

Which class are you paying at present or are you getting credits.

As you already have 52 contributions (class D) for 2001 you cannot have any more than that in any one tax year.

Which class are you paying at present or are you getting credits.

At the moment I am paying Class A, since 2007 but also had some from a number of years ago. I will not have the 520 full contributions until end of 2013 as I paid 'D' for most of my working life.

I thought because of the 2001 situation, in my first posting above, that 14 of my 'D' contributions could be changed to 'A'

Are you due for pension in 2013.

Don't forget the class A contributions paid long ago will be taken into account to make up the 520 and there should be some "change of status" credits also to be added. Every little helps.

Have you obtained your record of contributions paid from Welfare.ie

Thanks Black Sheep and Berni for your interest in my post.

Are you due for pension in 2013.

Have you obtained your record of contributions paid from Welfare.ie

Pension is not due until 2015 but I have projected payments and credits to the end of contribution date, end of 2014.

I have received a statement of payments and credits and as said am short 11 payments or credits when projected payments are considered. That is why I was wondering if the 14 A 'Special Contributions' for 2001 can be used in any way.

Also, was wondering if there are 'experts' in this area, private or goverment, who would look over my payments to check if I can do anything to reach my target.

While I wouldn't class myself as an expert in this area I have a good understanding of how this works.
Also your local Citizens Information Centre should be able to translate your record into your pension entitlement if you take your record to them. Ring them in advance and ask if they have someone who can do this for you. Different centres have different expertise

Back