20 year old debt to car finance company!

brousuka

Could anyone give me some advice regarding a 20 year old car loan debt which was originally with Ford Credit and subsequently passed on to a Debt Collection agency(s) currently 'Everyday Group' based in Galway. They are pursuing us for an amount under 300 euro and have sent a final notice for further action if not settled. Back in 1994 the vehicle was reposessed with our consent during a tough period when I lost my job and subsequently sold. We recieved a letter afterwards for the shortfall amount which to be honest I cant remember as it is so long ago! but I think it was around £1000 with accruing interest at the time. We have systematically paid these people monthly amounts on and off for the past 20 years amounting to a lot of money. My question basically is: Do I have any onus to pay these people anything? taking into account statute and contractual limitations. I am sick to death of hearing from this agency and we feel we have paid more than enough towards this debt. I should have done something about this earlier but as is typical put it on the long finger and forgot about it. Many thanks in advance...

No, as debt is now statute barred. This company is trying its luck to see if it can get some funds from you. Just ignore the correspondence!

Do not contact them in any manner whatsoever and most importantly do not make a payment no matter how small.

brousuka;

Ignore them, debt though is probably (live) if you paid them anything in the last 6 years.
For 300 they will do Nothing.

No, as debt is now statute barred. This company is trying its luck to see if it can get some funds from you. Just ignore the correspondence!

Does the statute barred defence not apply from the time the op made his most recent payment? Op has said:
We have systematically paid these people monthly amounts on and off for the past 20 years amounting to a lot of money.

Thanks to all the above replies. We have unfortunately paid amounts to this company in the near recent past (50 euro every now and then) do ye think this will change things then??

They will probably keep writing, but they won't sue for €300 as the costs are prohibitive.

Thanks to all the above replies. We have unfortunately paid amounts to this company in the near recent past (50 euro every now and then) do ye think this will change things then??

Nope, ignore them , they ain,t going to chase 300.

Back