2 missed payments - how badly affected is credit record?

dubinamerica

Hi I was not in a position to pay mortgage at start of september. Later in the month I paid half of the mortgage directly into the bank. For October, could not meet payment either.

How badly will this impact my credit rating? May look to family to see if I can borrow some money while I sort this out, but that may not be an option. Are there different bands, say would I be out of the running for loans now for 5 years or can I salvage this? So angry as have never had a blemish and trying to get my head around everything .. Thanks in advance.

. Are there different bands, say would I be out of the running for loans now for 5 years or can I salvage this? .

If the bank report it then your credit rating gets damaged, you can ask for a copy of your credit rating.

Why are you thinking of trying to get another loan, in the next 5 years if you are struggling to pay back your current loan? And if things are really bad, borrowing from family to try and save your credit rating, which may ultimately fail, and leaving you unable to repay family, well is that a good idea? As in throwing good money after bad. You've given no figures so it's hard to give proper advice.

Thanks Bronte. I am trying to weigh up all the options at the minute. I have tried my best to keep paying mortgage here and have done so until recently. My husband isn't contributing and will not negotiate so we will have to go to circuit court, which could take months. I am coming around to the thought that I will have to sell the house. I think my ex would agree to this. Also just in the past few days my mother got a valuation for her council house and there is an option of us moving in with her once I get all this sorted. There's so many variables I'm trying to grapple with - will this house sell, if so how much, when? Can i be added to tenancy at my mother's council house? Will ex try to stop us move? How will proceeds be split? But long term if I got back to Dublin I'd have a better option of finding work and down the road may want to purchase my mum's house. If I sell this house I'd have some lump some but not nearly enough to cover mortgage. My family would be willing to help me out in the short term if it helped me. But if the damage has already been done by missing two payments there's little point, but if we could salvage something they'd help out. Trying to get a handle on so many things, but for the first time in the past 2 years feel that something will get sorted one way or the other but I really want to try and set us up in the right dirn long term. My youngest is only 2 and there's years ahead of supporting her, so I don't want to cut off any prospect of purchasing down the road due to short term pain. Thanks so much for your advice. I really appreciate it.

Back