Irish Life Health 1A female(30) single. Aviva (business plan plus) renewal 9-10-13

Willie1

My health insurance with Aviva (business plan plus) is due for renewal next week.

This plan in now quite expensive. I would like to have hospital cover.just in case. There are no health issues at the moment.

What might be a good plan for me and less expensive?

Thanks

Here are a few alternatives with Aviva to consider;

1. Health Plan 06; price 980pa; identical hospital and outpatient cover(1 excess).
2. Health Plan 05; price 946pa; similar hospital, similar outpatient(50 excess).
3. Level 2 Health Excess; price 904pa; similar hospital, limited outpatient(200 excess).

www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?216&309&307&249/

Snowyb

Thanks for reply.
If I moved to plan 06 would there be any waiting period or would I be covered straight away.

You would be covered straight away on Health Plan 06, no waiting applies, as it's switching from like to like.

Snowyb

May I bother one more time snowyb.
How does VHI company plan compare with the three you have given above.
Thanks.

Last edited:
The main differences with VHI Company Plan and the other 3 plans is as follows;

1. Company Plan does not have hi-tech hospital cover for non-cardiac special procedures in the Blackrock Clinic or Mater Private (cardiac cover in hi-tech
hospitals is included on Company Plan).

2. Company Plan does not have day case cover in hi-tech hospitals.

3. Special procedures are not covered in the Hermitage or Galway Clinic with Company Plan.

The above list is covered on the 3 other plans.

Health plan 06 and 05 also include good outpatient cover which is very limited on Company Plan.

If you don't renew on your renewal date, what will happen is that your present plan will automatically renew. You still have a further 14 days after renewal date to change your mind; either to a different plan with the same company or to another plan with a different company if you wish.

As a matter of interest, what is your actual renewal date?

There are two new VHI plans being released on 28th Oct 2013, which may be of interest, if its within 14 days after your renewal date.
Both include hi-tech cover(with a lower excess than aviva plans). PMI 36 13 includes good outpatient cover, while PMI 37 13 has limited outpatient cover.

www.hia.ie/latest-news/latest-news/vhi-release-2-new-plans-pmi-36-13-and-pmi-37-13-on-20.10.2013/

Snowyb

Back