Health Insurance 180days psychiatry cover alternative plans

500anne

I need 180days psychiatry cover.
Thé HIa website does not allow this to be specified.
I also need high level day to day.
Im with VHI 1820 per year but it only covers psychology/counselling in the Dean Clinic which is poor. Other companies seem to have moved to a lot more support for psychiatry besides just inpatient and also offer digital free GP and other interesting benefits the VHI doesn’t offer.
Any suggestions of other companies with good plans with 180day cover?

covers psychology/counselling in the Dean Clinic which is poor.
Be aware that St Pat's closed down the Dean Clinics in recent years and there are no immediate plans to restore them. So, in some cases, clients who would have been treated there as out patients will only get the appropriate care as in patients.

The HIA website lists all private health insurance policies available and provides details of the cover provided, including mental health/psychiatric even if you can't search by it.

Be aware that St Pat's closed down the Dean Clinics in recent years and there are no immediate plans to restore them. So, in some cases, clients who would have been treated there as out patients will only get the appropriate care as in patients.

The HIA website lists all private health insurance policies available and provides details of the cover provided, including mental health/psychiatric even if you can't search by it.
They have a hybrid model in St Patrick's too.

You are regarded as an inpatient but you stay at home and they contact you daily for chats and twice a week (or more) for more in-depth one to one meetings with the main team.

Not sure how they treat this model in terms of insurance.

As far as I can see (by manually browsing a selection of low, medium and high priced plans on the HIA website) all plans seem to offer only 100 days non addiction related in patient psychiatric cover and 91 days per 5 year period addiction (maybe just alcohol?) related in patient cover. It seems to be one of those standard items that doesn't vary across plans.

Out patient cover may be different...

Back