10K to 'bury' for a few years - should I use a Quinn Life fund?

emptyness

Hi,

I have about 10-15K that I would like invest.
I already have some exposure to Irish Property so I don't want to increase that.
I have maximised my pension contributions up to the tax limit so I don't want to drip the money into that.

Essentially I don't intend to touch the money for at least 3 years,
I'm willing to take some risk on the money as I want to try to acheive returns which will at least beat inflation.

I'm completely green in this area but am looking to probably invest the money in shares (though I am exposed to the stock market through my pension).

On this site I have read several threads recommending Quinn Life's Investment Funds.
Would this still be a recommendation people would have?
Also would anyone see a particular fund as optimal?

The only fee I can see on these is a 1% mgmt fee per year, but I may be missing something.

Thanks for any help.

The only fee I can see on these is a 1% mgmt fee per year, but I may be missing something.
No - the only fee that they charge is the c. 1% (depending on fund) annual management charge. There are also other fund providers with similar charging structures if the index tracking funds offered by QL are not necessarily the best match for your specific needs.

Thanks ClubMan.
I know its a bit of an open question but any recommendations between the funds? I was looking at the 'Euro Freeway' one?
Also any thoughts on QL as a fund provider?

Well, empty...It's a fairly well known fact that usually the higher the potential return-the higher the risk. Food for thought perhaps is front page of money and markets in sunday biz post...."pension fund to invest €600m in emerging markets"
The NPRF claims it will plough more money in, if they perform well enough.
All I can advise is research for yourself companies/countries involved in any fund, track record of fund, track record of company who is providing the fund and be prepared to face dips in markets, while sleeping ok at night.

Thanks ClubMan.
I know its a bit of an open question but any recommendations between the funds? I was looking at the 'Euro Freeway' one?
Also any thoughts on QL as a fund provider?
As above - whether or not a particular fund is suitable for a particular individual depends on that individual's specific needs/circumstances, attitude to risk/volatility etc. etc.

Back