1031 exchange and LLC's

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Glover

Is it possible to use a 1031 exchange to move my investment in my professional offices to a Limited Liability Corporation which will hold the property on my new office building. All of the tenants will being shareholders in the L.L.C. The L.L.C. will hold the leases.

As another possibility, is it possible to use the 1031 to move my investment from my professional office into a rental property which is in my wife’s name (However we live in California, a community property state) and pay off a substantial portion of the mortgage on that property.

Glover said:
Is it possible to use a 1031 exchange to move my investment in my professional offices to a Limited Liability Corporation which will hold the property on my new office building. All of the tenants will being shareholders in the L.L.C. The L.L.C. will hold the leases.

As another possibility, is it possible to use the 1031 to move my investment from my professional office into a rental property which is in my wife’s name (However we live in California, a community property state) and pay off a substantial portion of the mortgage on that property.

Do you realise this is a largely Irish site? I think most posters here will have very limited knowledge about your question (there are a few U.S. based posters but you might also want to post on a more U.S. oriented site.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back