'07 Leon Service and Recommend a decent Car Polish/Wax?

Yeager

Couple of questions. What is the recommeded km's between services for a '07 Diesel Leon 1.9. Its got 101k km's on the clock and timing belt and service completed 8k km's ago. When roughly is due again?

Also I am looking for good polish/wax that someone has used and can recommend for a black car. Was looking at a Turtle Wax branded one specifically for black but its pretty expensive and not sure if its a gimmick or not.

Thanks

I've been using Mers polish [broken link removed]

for years and i love it.

I find some of the turtle wax products a bit chalky. but the best thing about mers is that it can be applied to a damp vehicle. And in fairness in our climate you can't always be guaranteed a dry day! I haven't used it on a black car but have used it on silver, dark grey, dark green and never had any problem.

With a lighter coloured car you really do need to get rid of the tar spots before waxing or polishing the vehicle. I've tried a few different products for this and hadn't much luck with any of them. Mers will get rid of them, but it requires quite a bit of elbow grease.
Another product i tried which was specifically for tar and bug removal was quite messy. (can't remember the name but it was in a black pump action plastic bottle)

Even though your car is black, i'd still get rid of any tar spots before polishing, otheriwse you won't get that lovely shine in the areas where they are (usually most obvious along the lower door panels, sills and over the wheel arches and some on the bonnet even)

But i've used white spirit on a silver car which had loads of tar spots and it was fantastic.much less rubbing required and left the area immaculate.

enjoy the cleaning, there's nothing like it when you've spent the day working on your car and standing back looking at a great job done.

I'm not a professional valeter so these tips are just from my own experience.

ps: yes, possibly i need to get out more!!:)

Thanks for the feedback. I think ill try the Mer stuff. Looks like Halfords may stock it. Where do you buy Woodbine?

Just looked it up and its 20 euro in Halfords and 6.99 Sterling on Amazon. What a difference!

Back