02 Rav4 with 100k miles?

muffin1973

Hi all

Looking to trade in our car, saw an ad for a Rav4 that has just over 100,000 miles on it. No idea about cars, so was wondering what anyone's thoughts would be. It's Eur3,950 which seems very good value??

thanks

M

A RAV4 with 100,000 miles would be circa 160,934.5 km, which it is a lot of mileage for a car. Toyota are great cars and before my disastrous Landrover (I've posted a thread on it) I used to have a RAV4 (not sure why I changed but anyways...). I am sure this car could have gone forever as it never gave me any troubles. By the way: how old is the car you are looking at?
I personnally would not pay nearly 4,000euro for a car with such mileage on. At that stage, although reliable cars, nothing can be guaranteed and you have to be prepared to have problems associated with old cars!
Just realised this thread dates back from June: what did you do in the end?

All I can say is that I have a 07 Rav4 D4D from new and have never had any problems with it and when I am replacing it I will buy another.

Just make sure it is diesel and not petrol.

Hi all

Mongola, my husband ended up going and having a look at it, it was in bad condition and he said even at the price he wouldn't buy it. Also we're having trouble trading in our Renault Megane (surprise surprise) so at the moment, we're just going to book in for the NCT, have to replace one of the back lights first, and then see if we can trade it in for something else. Or else just hang onto it till next year, we dont' really have the money for another car at the mo...

Mongola and NHG, thanks for your advice...

M

Back