02 Broadband on 8 yr old laptop

massey2

Hi all,

Last night I was trying to set-up the o2 broadband. I have a compaq laptop bout 8 yrs old with windows XP. I connected in the O2 hub the computer recognised by the one beep and the green light was flashing on the modem but it doesn't show up anywhere on the laptop. I double clicked on my computer and it is not showing any other extra devices.

Anyone any ideas,

Many thanks in advance.

Saw something similar with some customers of mine. The device is initially meant to install as a external drive, install the necessary software from this and then reinitialise itself as the 3G device. In one case there was an issue with the laptop that prevented it from loading an external drives in which case I downloaded the latest software from www.huawei.com, installed that and it worked. In the other case the device was faulty and had to be replaced - I tried it on a couple of machines to confirm this.

So try inserting a USB key or other external storage and see if your system will mount the drive properly - if it can't try downloading the software and installing it that way. If other external storage works, then try the device on another computer and see if it is faulty.

Thanks for that. I went onto that website and I can't find any downloads. maybe i'm just going blind.

Back