02 520iSE 70K Miles

TheBlock

Hi All
Has anyone any advice on the above car buying from the UK for £7500 stg around €8k VRT I believe should get out for €20k The car is immaculate full leather interior and looks the biz. Does this seem like a good deal?

Thanks in advance

car said:
carzone is always a good ready reckoner, a 2 sec search threw up this with a similar model going for 18250. Obviously cant comment on condition or spec of either car but 20k to bring what looks like the same car isnt a good deal on the face of it.

The car for €18,250 has a UK reg, so I wonder if the VRT has to be paid?

Just checked this will include VRT. Maybe the spec is not as high as the one i'm looking at but will check it out.

Any opions on the car itself regarding comfort,reliability, cost of running etc.

Thanks all

If you ever see a pic of a car on carzone on a dealer site and it has a UK reg, the dealer is paying. Ive seen private sellers with same but they always specify vrt is due.

The 520 is the basic touring model, not sure on the SE version. See and www.honestjohn.co.uk (click on car by car guide) for reviews on the 02 model. maintenance is up to yourself whether you drop it in to a bmw reg dealer for service.

Block,

I just recently purchased and drove back my 3-Series Coupe from the UK and saved myself around 20% of the market value here. To be honest the money sounds about right, the mileage is a little high for its age but once you consider it's engine size and the fact that it has most likely had motor-way miles it figures about right.

The only caveat I would add is that you NEED to have the car checked, even if it is not a private sale. Mine had not been serviced in 2 years and although it was in good condition a lot of resonably standard parts had to replaced i.e. tyres, brake pads, brake lines, one rear spring etc (ended up costing me €1,000). This was supposedly on a car that had a full garage service history!!! A lot of the car's in the UK will have these supplimentary parts replaced more oftern then in Ireland because of the use of salt on the roads (my own car came from the highlands - lots of salt). All in all though with a little bit of effort and some patience you can get great deals on higher spec vehicles not available in the Irish market.

Best of Luck,

Regards,

Sambo

Back