00 Fiat punto servicing

G

gemsy

Car failed the NCT because of shock absorbers, damaged brake hose and just have to adjust the dip beam light - have booked it into Airton Motors to get it fixed - not sure but reckon this will set me back a bit - am I right???

Gemsey,

Just failed NCT on shocks as well. If it is a non-modified Punto it should cost you about €60 each for Monroe Shocks (front, rear are cheaper). Brake hose not that expensive and the alignment for the headlights should be free. Anymore than €150 and your been done I would guess. Did you not ask the price for the repairs?

Sambo

Thats mad I rang up Fast Fit about the shocks yesterday and they quoted me €300 just for the shocks - the robbers.

The mechanic said he'd have a look at the car and give me a price - so we'll wait and see I suppose.

Thanks for the advice

This post will be deleted if not edited immediately wept....there a bunch of robbin ba*tards, they quoted me €690 for 4 tyres to fit and balanc that I got for €340 in the end!! Use Advance Pit-Stop if your going to use any of those guys!!

Gempsy,

I had fiat punto some time back, they quoted me the same reasons what you have, I have gone to the garage 3 times to fix the same thing, the Garage have given up and have refunded me 50 euro compared to 800 euro that i put on the car, after the final failure in NCT, i straight away took to a Renault Dealter got it exchanged and now am happy with my new car.

Not that bad really - €500 to do everything on my car - it better pass the test now.

Back