€6.10 for a pint of guinness

Z

z106

I was in gogartys last night in temple bar and they were charging €6.10 for a pint of guinness.

Is this a record?

Presumably lager was touching the 7 mark.

Good job this price freeze was brought in.

And they wonder why people are drinking in the house and abandoning the pubs.

I've noticed naggins of vodka in the handbag and pocket making a swift return to Dublin pubs too. Nearly all my nieces friends bring a bottle out with them in their handbags and just order cokes.

If we can get to a 25% unemployment rate then maybe we can put an end to this kind of pricing.

I've noticed naggins of vodka in the handbag and pocket making a swift return to Dublin pubs too. Nearly all my nieces friends bring a bottle out with them in their handbags and just order cokes.

Arent cokes free at the moment for "designated drivers"

Did it taste like a €6.10 pint or a €0.16 one

I was at the dogs last Friday night for a Xmas night out. A pint of lager was €4.00 and a glass of lager was €3.10. we queried the difference adnw ere told that the pint was 'averaged' downwards to compete with local bars who had lager at that price. Presumably the half-pint was 'averaged upwards' to compensate for this!

Thats ridiculous. So it costs a third as much to drink your beer from a glass instead of a pint.

Wonder do they get many 'Pint of lager and 2 glasses please'?

Thats ridiculous. So it costs a third as much to drink your beer from a glass instead of a pint.

Wonder do they get many 'Pint of lager and 2 glasses please'?

Theyn have a nice little trick whereas they take your orders at the table and leave the bill until the end of your night. Of course, as non-regular customers, we knew nothing of this. The 'regulars' went to the bar to buy their rounds, no doubt asking for 2 empty half-pint glasses (plastic by the way).