€20,000 Help me make my choice.

nad

Hi
I have €20,000 plus €400 a month to invest over 15yrs, I already have read best buy section,just looking for other peoples personal opinion,or experiences,on where would be the place to invest this amount.

Something with exposure to equities I would say, but you would need to provide more information on your overall financial position and the level of risk you are willing to take on before you would get useful advice.

Mortgage?
Pension?
Dependents?
Debts?
Other assets?

etc.

My mortage is €25k on a property valued at €400k, should be cleared in 5 years at current repayment rate,no other debts, one dependant,Iam topping up my pension with avc's,Have thought about equities,not sure if it would be better to purchase direct or by way of a fund,or perhaps there is another investment i should consider,Iwould be prepared to take a medium to high risk at this time.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This Key Post (and many of the others) may be of interest on whether to buy shares directly or through a fund.

Why not use the €20k to pay off your mortgage and then invest €400 in a fund monthly?

Or invest the €20k and use the €400 to increase your mortgage payments?

Hi CCOVICH
Thanks for that, at the moment my mortage repayments are quite manageable, and as i'm looking at a 15 yr time frame, I was looking for investment options rather than clearing the mortage,but i'll look into this option now, Any other suggestions or opinions out there?

Back