€13000 to invest?

T

tradef1

I've approx €13000 to invest in a period of between 3-5 years,can someone recommend the best investment option,e.g managed funds such as rabo.or an post tracker bonds etc,which give the best mix between security and good return?i'm totally new to all this,any advice given greatly appreciated.

What do you mean by An Post tracker bonds. Do you mean their Saving Bonds which run for a 3 year term and offer around 3.23% tax free if left for the full term? Certainly not the best interest around at the moment but if you want total security this is the product for you. With the way things are at the moment re stock market I would put it into First Active on line account @ 5.22% variable interest. If (a) stock market gets over present volatility you could have a look at various options then or (b) if interest rates begin to fall later this year reconsider the Saving Bonds. These are just my personal suggestions, basically playing safe at the moment.

Unless you have a well-developed investment strategy, you are probably better sitting it out at present and putting your money into a high interest savings account. €13,000 is within the deposit protection scheme limit so go for the highest paying one you can find and then spend some time developing your strategy. (This assumes you don’t have any short term debt or a mortgage you can pay off with the €13,000 or you can’t invest it via a pension: you should consider all of these first.)

Back