—-

This is very confusing

You need to clarify.

Who is "these people" and "the third party" and "the person"?

Is the real estate agent the auctioneer ?

Call the seller the seller or the vendor but not anything else.

The "real estate agent" does not send contracts to your solicitor. He will send the seller's solicitor a note confirming the price, closing date,etc.

I presume you are a first time buyer and a bit out of your depth. Maybe ask your solicitor to handle it for you.

Brendan

This is very confusing

You need to clarify.

Who is "these people" and "the third party" and "the person"?

Is the real estate agent the auctioneer ?

Call the seller the seller or the vendor but not anything else.

The "real estate agent" does not send contracts to your solicitor. He will send the seller's solicitor a note confirming the price, closing date,etc.

I presume you are a first time buyer and a bit out of your depth. Maybe ask your solicitor to handle it for you.

Brendan
Apologies for the confusion Brendon,

So, the auctioneer is who I am referring to when saying real estate agent.

The auctioneer had told me to contact the third party (person who has given an offer). My concern here is why is the auctioneer giving me personal data on this third party who seems to be interested in the property when in fact I have a booking deposit paid for on the property.

Thanks

I presume you are buying a property, have placed a deposit on it, thought you were sale agreed and now you've been gazumped?

Sale agreed is not legally binding so whilst the estate agents behaviour is not very nice, looks like you have 2 options, offer more or walk away but before you make that decision, I'd be asking for a serious conversation with the EA.

The auctioneer had told me to contact the third party (person who has given an offer). My concern here is why is the auctioneer giving me personal data on this third party who seems to be interested in the property when in fact I have a booking deposit paid for on the property.
This doesn't make sense to me. Why would an estate agent tell one prospective buyer to talk to another/others and for what purpose? If the estate agent wanted to play them off each other in order to get the best price for the seller (as is their job) then this seems an odd way to go about it. Are you sure that you haven't left out some key information here or that you haven't misunderstood something? Have you run this by your solicitor?

This doesn't make sense to me. Why would an estate agent tell one prospective buyer to talk to another/others and for what purpose? If the estate agent wanted to play them off each other in order to get the best price for the seller (as is their job) then this seems an odd way to go about it. Are you sure that you haven't left out some key information here or that you haven't misunderstood something? Have you run this by your solicitor?
Hi, yes this is something that I do not understand myself. The agent gave me the other bidders house number to go and talk to them to try and see if I can retract their offer from the table. I feel like the agent is trying to get me into a bidding war. I have run this by my solicitor. My concern is, why is the agent giving me personal information about another bidder. This has to be a breach of confidentiality

My concern is, why is the agent giving me personal information about another bidder.

Forget that.

We have now established that you are buying the house rather than selling it, which is progress.

As you are buying the house, your objective is to get the house or make a decision on it.

You can do a few things
1) Increase your offer to get the house
2) Tell the agent that you are not increasing the offer and if your solicitor does not have contracts within 7 days, then you are withdrawing your offer.

In any event, you should start looking at other houses.

Brendan

The agent gave me the other bidders house number to go and talk to them to try and see if I can retract their offer from the table.

While this is very odd, you should not do anything about it now.

However, when the process concludes either by the exchange of signed contracts or by you getting your deposit back, you could complain the auctioneer to the Property Services Regulatory Authority and the Data Protection Commissioner.

But there is nothing to be gained by doing that now.

Brendan

Back