€50k redundancy payment to invest for 5 years - where?

Pleite

The thread title says it all - I recently received €50k as a redundancy payment and I'm the lucky position of not having any debts etc so I'm looking for advice on how to invest this sum. I am planning on a time frame of 5 years where I won't need to access the funds.

Returns on savings plans seem pretty poor and was wondering if there is something that would better say a state based 5 Year Savings Certificates.

I'm not very interested in taking a very active position on managing the money (ie chopping & changing around every few months) but would prefer to have some other company do that on my behalf it it were to go in that direction

would appreciate any suggestions

Hi Pleite,
I have a savings plan with Irish Life,good website and you can be as active as you want,and they deal with the taxation when you sell etc which also helps.

Pat

5 year time horizon would be generally considered too short to invest in the markets. To best avoid the chance of coming out negative you should really be prepared for 10 yrs +

Do you require the funds for something in 5 years? If yes then best keep to state savings

Hello,

It would be helpful to give an indication of your age and also, your willingness to take on risk in return for a greater potential return.

Back