€21k to deposit plus €1k monthly

OnLooker

I just closed my Northern Rock account and I am currently looking at alternatives to put the €21k into.

I already have €10k in Rabo so that option is out.

I also have a Regular Saver A/C with AIB which I deposit €500 a month into.

As well as the €21k, I intend to keep up my €1k a month savings.

What are the best options open to me?

Put €14k in First Active @ 5.22% & what about the remaining €7k and monthly deposits?

Thanks

Have you checked the Financial Best Buys forum for info on the best deposit rates (demand lump sum, term, regular saver etc.) on offer and the many existing threads on combining lump sum demand/term deposit accounts with regular saver accounts?

Why accept below inflation deposit returns? Invest your money properly either directly in shares or if you are too lazy just invest in a bond with a life assurance company through your bank. Minimum hassle and at least a chance at making something!

Why accept below inflation deposit returns? Invest your money properly either directly in shares or if you are too lazy just invest in a bond with a life assurance company through your bank. Minimum hassle and at least a chance at making something!

I don't want to invest in shares because to make money on them you need to think long term. I will be using this money to buy a house in the next few years.

Back