Quote for House Tiling

papervalue

Would anyone knew the current rate to get 71 square metres of floor tiles and 250 square metres of wall tiles inluding all materail and labour supplied by a tiler.

around 15 euro per square meter for laying floor and wall tiles, this depends on the condition of existing wall and floor surfaces, ie any leveling or prep work prior to fixing

Reputation is much more important than price. I have spent €10,000 this year in correcting hidden problems left by a bad tiler 7-8 years ago, with another €5,000 to go :(

I tiler with a good reputation quoted me a basic price of €16 per sqyd for laying normal tiles and €20 sqyd for laying porcelan.... Simple as!

Hi Upfront 1979. got some tiling done last year and got few quotes of 2k plus. Fella recommended to me, he done it in evenings and only charged 1k. done a brill job. i'm in co. Limerick so if you want i can dig out his number for you but I would presume it depend how fast you want it done and how busy he is!

Hi,

I have had a quote from tiler. The job entails - removing existing wall tiles and putting on new wall tiles and laying floor tiles - it is a 13 x 10 and tiling around bath - total square footage taking into account floor, walls and taking of windows, doors and where bath is going is 39.26 sq meters. He quoted E1,000 for that and E400 for board for floor.

For second bathroom the job entails continuing tiling up to celing - it is tiled halfway at the moment, laying floor tiles and tiling around bath - this bathroom is 22 sq meteres. He quoted E600.

He was also suggesting tanking at the back of showers and was charging E250 per shower but then said he might be able to do two showers for E250.

He is supposed to be very neat and clean and a good tiler - does this quote seem excessive.

Would appreciate any comments,

Angela59

Hi,

I have had a quote from tiler. The job entails - removing existing wall tiles and putting on new wall tiles and laying floor tiles - it is a 13 x 10 and tiling around bath - total square footage taking into account floor, walls and taking of windows, doors and where bath is going is 39.26 sq meters. He quoted E1,000 for that and E400 for board for floor.

thats 25 euros/sq meter...thats very expensive, even taking into account that he is removing the old tile on half the wall..400 euros for board is rediculously expensive aswell

quote=angela59;725970]

For second bathroom the job entails continuing tiling up to celing - it is tiled halfway at the moment, laying floor tiles and tiling around bath - this bathroom is 22 sq meteres. He quoted E600.[/quote]

again this works out as over 27euro's/sq meter...way over the top...

this is not the boom time, ask him for a 2008 quote not 2005/6 quote..even if he is clean and tidy, this is way over the top

Hi Johnnyg,

He was quoting me from tanking at the back of showers also. I managed to get him down another E300 so instead of initial quote of E2000 for all work outlined and tanking behing two showers - he is now at E1400. I think that is a better price.

Many thanks

Angela59

can anyone recomment how much i should pay for tiling my kitchen its 33sq??

Currently, I am getting rates for tiling including adhesive, grout and mastic of €24.10 pm2.

Joejoe

Back