At last - affordable housing

RMCF

I see that there is a development of houses (semi's) getting released in Newtowncunningham, Co. Donegal for €95k.

But you must be a 1st time buyer to avail of the offer.

They are turnkey packages, so thats an unbelieveable offer imho.

Lets hope we see plenty more of these schemes popping up around the country. I suppose its better for the developers to sell them cheap than none at all (perhaps they are getting some sort of subsidy from local Gov?).

The advert only stated that it was for 1st time buyers, but at that price I am sure there will be other conditions (perhaps have to keep it for x years before selling, or a % of the profit if sold has to go to the developer, or perhaps the developer is keeping a part of the house).

An unbelievable opportunity for the First Time Buyer to purchase a quality new turnkey home from ...

Yes, I saw that bit Norfbank, but it doesn't appear to imply that being a FTB is obligatory.

True, in days like these though it would be foolish for an estate agent to limit the scope of his market to First Time Buyers unless he had to but you're right it's not explicitly stated that it's FTBs only.

It stated in the adverts in the local press that the houses were on sale to FTB ONLY.

The web page doesn't make this too clear.

If they are on the affordable housing scheme then 100% mortgages are still available to FTB so no need for deposit resulting in quicker sale for developer?

It still looks a bit strange that they wouldn't sell to another non-FTB. I wonder if they just assume a low price would only appeal to FTB's

It still looks a bit strange that they wouldn't sell to another non-FTB. I wonder if they just assume a low price would only appeal to FTB's

Unless they are actually part of the AHS and are only available to FTBs at the discounted price of €95k.

I'd wonder why a Northern Irish estate agent was selling them but I suppose they could be.

Up here around the border RoI residents sometime use NI estate agents to sell their house, probably because having their house on show to the bigger market of the NI towns will increase their chance of selling.

Back