Can anyone recommend a good carpet cleaning company?

Luckycharm

Well we made a big mistake when getting our carpets a few years ago we got Cream coloured woolen carpets :( Nice carpets but they get stained/dirty very easily - have tried different types of carpet cleaners but none have really got out the stains.
Can anyone recommend a good place in dublin that cleans carpets and how much on average would it cost per room. Looking at 4 bedrooms and stairs.

I tried Rug Doctor from B&Q recently and found it good. Then again we don't have cream carpets which will probably make the job a lot harder.

One of the main reasons for not getting a carpet cleaning company in was that a friend had used one and found the smell from the cleaning agents to linger for days and was absolutely horrible.

I used *** contract cleaners on a house last week. They're based in Gorey but will go to Dublin if the jobs big enough (yours might be). I had a fairly dirty light carpet in a rental property and they brought it up brilliant, price was very good too.

Number is 053 9480003, ask for Damien and they'll probably give you his mobile. I don't want to post it here although he does put it on his advertising. It did smell a bit for a couple of days but wasn't offensive and this house was empty so probably noticed it more.

Not affilliated.

I am thinking about using this guy, he seems nice on phone? Anyone used him?

[broken link removed]

You could buy a machine and do it yourself.

I got a vax machine for €150 from argos and i do all my carpets with them. The vax solution that comes with it is very good as well, but after my son emptied it all over the floor and i went to by another one and found out they were €30 a go, i just got the vanish carpet cleaner. It does say you cant use anything else and even the vanish carpet cleaner said not for machines, but 2 years later at cleaning the carpet once a month with the vanish the machines still working fine. It's also great for doing sofa's and rugs aswell.

The first time i ever did clean the carpets i used aboutime ( 8940444) they were really good and the carpets came up really well. I just dont have the money to use a company anymore.

Hi. If you live in dublin, try Mark O'Brien in Aaran Services. No. 0878142192. 01 8400899. 01 8620335. No connection just thought he did a great job, not expensive, on hall stairs carpet and did my rugs as well for very little extra. Really nice guy too.

guby

I ended up using Mark and found him very good and very reasonable.

Thanks for the feedback Luckycharm.

Please include a location prefix if asking for a recommendation.

Baldy.

I see that the OP is all sorted now but I'd like to add that I hired a carpet cleaner in B&Q (I think it was €25 for 24hrs) to clean our ivory woolen rugs after a dog party (three dogs running around and getting very excited) and they came out better than new. I had to buy a bottle of industrial carpet shampoo (about €7) but would highly recommend this. Plus the shampoo smells rather nice and fresh and not at all chemical.

Back