FTB Watermill Clontarf/Raheny

Van der Hoop

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has any opinions of property prices in Clontarf/Raheny, I have just put a deposit on a new 2 bed 660 sq ft, costing 375k, which as you will agree is very pricey for an average sized two bed! My question is am I crazy or is it likely to be a good investment in this area. Any info at all would be much appreciated as I have 20 days to make my decision!!

Having lived in Raheny myself I have to say it is very convenient for town, DART available, lots of buses and also quite easy access to M50, not a bad area at all to be situated.

The real question for you to decide is whether or not €375K is a reasonable price to you? You can get all the opinions in the world for and against your decision but in the end it is you that willl be living there and paying the mortgage so you need to weigh up all the options and be confident in the decision you have made.

Is the apt (presuming it is an apt) in Raheny or Clontarf ie D3 or D5 address as this may have impact on the price you are paying.

Just way up the pros vs the cons and see what YOU think...........

Is there also some plan to turn park of St Anne's park into a dump for industrial waste or something like that? May affect prices if it goes ahead

I think it's a good buy. Have lived in Raheny all my life. 3 bed semis now fetching 500 - 600 k. A 4 bed detached near the Watermill apts going for 795k so I'd say go for it if you can afford it.

Van der Hoop said:
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has any opinions of property prices in Clontarf/Raheny, I have just put a deposit on a new 2 bed 660 sq ft, costing 375k, which as you will agree is very pricey for an average sized two bed! My question is am I crazy or is it likely to be a good investment in this area. Any info at all would be much appreciated as I have 20 days to make my decision!!

have just bought 2 bed in santry for 415 so i think we're all mad, but its either that or we'll all have to move out to the stix

Foxylady,

That post was dated March 2005. The development in question has enjoyed significant appreciation since then. I paid €430k (no stamp, as I'm a FTB) for a 3rd floor 2 bed a few months ago. Even in the last few months they're rumoured to have risen further.

You're right though...I'm just not prepared to live in the sticks or in commuterville.

Trent said:
Foxylady,

That post was dated March 2005. The development in question has enjoyed significant appreciation since then. I paid €430k (no stamp, as I'm a FTB) for a 3rd floor 2 bed a few months ago. Even in the last few months they're rumoured to have risen further.

You're right though...I'm just not prepared to live in the sticks or in commuterville.

YOU HAVE TO PRETEND IT MONOPOLY MONEY OR ELSE U WOULD CRACK UP. THINK OURS HAS GONE UP IN VALUE SINCE

Back