Post Bank - Everyday Account

Fideroiste

Hi all,
I have noticed that PostBank have launched there Current Account by the name of Everyday Account (ad on tv last night). I did a general search on the forum and there was only a slight mention of it in the great debates section. Has anybody taken the great leap of fate? Any comments/criticism about the account?

Is mise le meas,
Fiachra.

Article in Irish Independent on Tuesday recommending it. On the plus side there are no fees for a lot of its services e.g direct debits, ATM transactions etc. On the minus side there is no interest as with Halifax or AIB. Read up on its details at www.postbank.ie

Hi,

I note that PostBank do not offer a Cheque Book with their EveryDay Account. They suggest one uses a "Postal Order" when required.

In contrast, their account lacks the industry standard or above standard when compared to AIB Bank for example. Free Banking is available from all the main Banks in Ireland today.

Postbank will appeal to people who can't open an account with the mainstream banks. The free banking is good. They have a useful debit card that will work abroad and online unlike the offerings of the major banks. They will do well.

Hi,

I note that PostBank do not offer a Cheque Book with their EveryDay Account. They suggest one uses a "Postal Order" when required.

You can order individual cheque payments though, by phone/on line, that may suit some folk, like me.

You can order individual cheque payments though, by phone/on line, that may suit some folk, like me.

thanks for that. I didn't know that they offer individual cheques upon request. Do you know if this is expensive? Could be interesting....

Thanks.

Is the Post Bank debit card also a Laser card?

[broken link removed])

They have a useful debit card that will work abroad and online unlike the offerings of the major banks.
Don't mean to go totally OT but whats the most cost effective card when drawing cash from an ATM abroad? Credit card or Maestro?

This maybe a stupid question but here goes - Does this Post Bank Maestro Card operate more effectively outside Ireland than a Laser/Maestro Card?
Also on the Internet - is it better?

This maybe a stupid question but here goes - Does this Post Bank Maestro Card operate more effectively outside Ireland than a Laser/Maestro Card?
Also on the Internet - is it better?
Yes, it will work with maestro enabled websites abroad. It is 100% better than the laser card which may be branded maestro.

The only downside is the lack of acceptance on Irish websites and a few shops such as Aldi/Lidl who are only accepting laser branded cards.

I have a Postbank Everyday Account , was worried that my salary may not go in on 25th as was with my previous bank due to the clearing system, but , hey presto , salary is sitting there since yesterday!
Also , have nad no problems whatsoever with acceptance of the Maestro Card. - So far - so good .....

Excellent. It is very secure requiring your Maestro card, PIN and their secure coder generator to log on.

Back