recommend a bbq?

deedee80

Hi there,

can anyone recommend a decent gas barbeque that can be bought in Dublin for around 200 euro?

Many thanks

Last edited:
There's an American brand called Weber that is only available in Woodies that is excellent. I did a bit of homework on the net and was drawn to it. Their smallest one is a table top version that costs around €200.

I bought the €329 one and used 3 times last week. I assembled it in less than 5 mins which is suitable for lazy yanks and Paddys alike. It uses butane (sp?) gas which is dearer to buy but more effective and indeed produces a hotter flame.

My last BBQ was a tinny cheapo piece of crap that took ages to assemble. It looked crap and often took 10 mins to light up. The Weber one lights up with one flick of a switch and is easy to maintain.

Look up www.weber.com and http://www.woodiesdiy.com/productdetail.aspx?pid=7711&loc=P&catid=100.2.0

There's an American brand called Weber that is only available in Woodies that is excellent.

Look up www.weber.com and http://www.woodiesdiy.com/productdetail.aspx?pid=7711&loc=P&catid=100.2.0

They're also available in some garden centres and elsewhere. Does anyone know of any special offers on them at the moment?

They're also available in some garden centres and elsewhere. Does anyone know of any special offers on them at the moment?

Yes....Powerscourt Garden Centre in Enniskerry have 10% off all garden furniture and BBQ's (they stock Weber) which is really good because Weber aren't cheap!

Also, Woodies in Southern Cross in Bray are price matching Powerscourt on the Weber BBQ's.

Thanks guys, went to a few shops yesterday to look at bbq's. My main query was how do you get the char taste from a gas bbq without the charcoals burning. Went to b&q and they were most unhelpful. Atlantic was the same story. Very frustrating. Then went to woodies and the manager was great, really knew his stuff. Think we are going to buy a fiesta gusto, starter type barbie and in our price range. Anyone ever used this range?

Yes....Powerscourt Garden Centre in Enniskerry have 10% off all garden furniture and BBQ's (they stock Weber) which is really good because Weber aren't cheap!

Also, Woodies in Southern Cross in Bray are price matching Powerscourt on the Weber BBQ's.

efm,

Thanks for that. Will duly investigate. :)

Back