Cheapest way to Montreal or Toronto in June

jrewing

Does anybody have a recommendation for the cheapest way to Montreal (or Toronto) in June ?

I have checked Fly Globespan, Expedia.com and Air Canada - Air Canada via Paris is working out the best (about Eur 550 per passenger).

Are there cheaper flights out there ?

www.kayak.com searches multiple airfare websites at once and gives a list of the results. www.sidestep.com does the same and can also include package prices including hotels. If you are not in a hurry to book you can sign up for Kayak daily buzz alerts for airfare on certain dates that can be sent to your e-mail. Good luck!

Check lastminute.ie they usually have good deal & choice of flights starting with lowest etc. Think the lowest is around 530.

would avoid Air Canada, got bumped off a flight last year - terrible customer service

www.airtransat.ie

Have got myself flights to Toronto this May for only €360 return

Thanks for that, I'd never heard of Air Transat. Really interesting - you can fly from Shannon too. However, I worry about flying with what looks like a low-cost carrier on a long-haul flight, especially with a 1 yr old.

Still, it would save me an additional trip to Dublin....

If you're looking for customer service, after a number of bad trips home for Christmas via Heatrow and through toronto last summer, I flew Air France via Charles de Gaulle to Montreal and have nothing but fantastic things about my trip! Will never go another way again!
They might not be the lowest price but no hassle was worth the extra!

ad

Thanks for that, I'd never heard of Air Transat. Really interesting - you can fly from Shannon too. However, I worry about flying with what looks like a low-cost carrier on a long-haul flight, especially with a 1 yr old.

Still, it would save me an additional trip to Dublin....

I found out about Air-Transat through CIE International Tours who use them. I also asked a few travel agents who all had good things to say about them so thats why I booked in the end. (I asked, Tour America, CanAmerica and a small Independant Agent for their advice and experience)

I have flown Air Transat twice last year to Toronto, would have gone with them in Feb as well but they only fly May to Oct, absolutely no problem, booked with travel agent first time, booked online second time. Way cheaper than Air Canada. Direct from Shannon each time but back then through Dublin-Shannon. Or if you are going from Dublin then you land in Shannon on the way.

We flew to Toronto with Air Transat 18 months ago, absolutely fine. We are also flying to Toronto this June and coming back from Montreal to visit both cities. flights were around €500 when we booked them about a month ago, but spent around a month looking for the best deals and times and the fact they are direct (I forgot about the Shannon stop off on the way over but don't remember it as a big deal), makes a huge difference. Far cheaper than Air Canada when we were looking anyway.

I flew with flyglobespan and was shoe horned into a seat after a 7 hour delay. very bad experience. not even a sorry from them about the delay.

Sueellen, After going through Heathrow and spending weeks and a christmas without my luggage, Air France held the plane to wait for my luggage before taking off this christmas due to a delay in transit, I'm still not convinced to go to canada another way.

We've used Air Transat over the years - first time was 12 yrs ago with a 2 yr old. Had absolutely no problems with them, great service (air hostess brought down crayons and paper to the kids). Just back from Canada with Air Canada as Air Transat haven't started schedule yet. I'd do anything to avoid Heathrow normally and if Shanon suits you, I'd go for them.

Just back from Canada using Air Canada via Heathrow. Never again. Flew Air Transat last year to Toronto and had absolutely no complaints whatsoever. Air Canada customer service leaves a lot to be desired!!!

Try looking at other scheduled airlines. Northwest/KLM via Amsterdam and Detroit could work out cheaper. I fly home a lot from Vancouver to Cork (connecting via Seattle and Amsterdam) and always use Northwest. Even if Northwest were two hundred or so euro more expensive I'd still pay that to fly on a proper airline. Their quality of service is great, proper in flight service and entertainment at no extra cost, unlike the low cost crowd. Remember the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

One more thing, you'd really want to be suicidal or a business traveller to want to fly out from Heathrow.

Back