Halifax current account transaction posting order oddity

ClubMan

I did an electronic transfer from NR to my Halifax current account the other day. It turned up today and was listed as a debit in the transaction summary and dated 29th January. I then transferred half of it to my Halifax FlexiSaver account. I then looked at the transaction summary and FlexiSaver transfer was listed before the NR electronic transfer and with the same date 29th January. This ostensibly left me overdrawn after the FlexiSaver transfer but in the black once the NR transfer was posted. This made no sense to me since the FlexiSaver transfer effectively got inserted before the NR one which had already appeared on the account. I contacted Halifax and they were as confused as I was. They noted the issue on my file and I said that I'd check for any unauthorised overdraft or other charges that might appear in coming days (hopefully not) and get back to them if they did. Anybody else notice any similar quirks with Halifax or other banks? Note that this is not the same as when you get a credit or debit appearing on, say, a Friday or Saturday but dated the following Monday.

No unauthorised o/d or other charges so far so I guess it's just some sort of transaction posting anomaly with their system or something...

I see the same on mine - its probably (another) software glitch with their online service with the order that the items get displayed - maybe it sorts alphabetically per day or something (havent investigated) - But I am sure that when it comes to any charges, they would order the transactions by the actual time it happened.

Back