P60 - how to get an old one ?

C

colinhanley

Hi, I am trying to get some old copies of my p60 from the years 1999, 2000, 2001. Is it simply a matter of ringing the tax office and requesting them to send them out or is it more red-tapey than that.
Thanks

Did you originally get these from your employer(s) at the time and subsequently mislay them or did you never have them at all? Employers are legally obliged to provide P60s after the tax year has ended. If you did have them buy mislaid them then it might be worth contacting your employer(s) from the relevant periods to see if they can provide new copies. I don't think that Revenue issue P60s at all but I could be wrong.

Revenue don't issue P60s but they will have details of your pay and tax on file. They won't have details of PRSI/class/weeks etc to hand.

Also there records may not go back as far as 1999 - without referring to microfiche.

If all you want is pay and tax - give them a call @1890333425 - and be very nice as they're not supposed to give the info out over the phone

Thanks, do you know if the taxman will also have employer details (e.g. name) of the tax I paid for certain periods ?

Only if the employer actually paid over the tax to revenue and filed a correct P35.

Did you received and retain payslips for the periods in question? It's always a good idea to do so just in case. I also hang onto tax related documentation (P60s etc.) for at least a few years just in case.

Back