Kingsbury Maynooth?

donal94

Hi I was just wondering does anyone have any experience good or bad of Kingsbury Maynooth?

Are you thinking of purchasing to live or rent?

I know a lot of families and it can be a decent area. It's an old estate and primarily made up of families there a long time and a lot of rentals (students & commuters). There's a walkway down the bottom of the estate that can be dodgy at nights as it has a link to Old Greenfield.

It's a bit of a walk to the village/train station (20-25 mins) but is close to a number of shops and the motorway.

You'll have to give more info on what you're looking for if you want any more advice!

kingsbry is a good decent area...lots of long termers there along with a good mix of student renters.....as previous poster mentioned the biggest drawback is the walkway thru from other estates.....looked at houses there before i bought, some nice ones but also some really bad kips

I'm looking at buying to live and its a 3 bed dormer bugalow on the big green.

The big green near the entrance. Yeah, it's a grand spot as far as I know. Though can't say I have spent a lot of time there at evening time. A lot of long time families there as far as I remember.

Also, I think the competition at that price range is mainly apartments at the moment or beaufield / maynooth park if you went up a little more.

Beaufield has no more benefit than Kingsbry apart from maybe the house size? And it has more traffic. Maynooth park would be an older house though it may offer you a better chance to extend in the future.

Hi, came across this recently and I'm currently myself looking at a place at the end of the estate, a cul de sac. Just how bad is that walkway you're talking about - are we talking about junkies, or gangs of roaming youngsters, or what? I was there in the dark and admittedly weather was awful, but the whole estate seemed to be very quiet.

Certainly not junkies.

Roaming youngsters is more like it. And as I mentioned previously, it's the short gap into Old Greenfield that is the problem.

I don't want to be overly negative about the area.
My advice would be this :
1. Go there on a Friday/Saturday night 10-12 (a dry night) and see how you feel about the area then. Just drive up in the car a few times. If you're comfortable enough about it, then that could put your mind at ease.

2. Ask your potential neighbours what their opinions are.

3. If I'm more specific, it's 14-18 year olds hanging around either of the 2 allies down there on a weekend night. Personally, I'd walk through it but I'd be on edge until through the ally.

Around the cul de sacs are fine to my knowledge.

Back