Helicopter rides Vegas to Grand Canyon

angel40

I am going to Vegas in a week and a half and have decided to book a helicopter trip to the Grand Canyon. Could anyone recommend a trip and a company as there are lots on the web and I just cant decide.
All this is a surprise for my darling hubby, so I can't even bounce ideas off him. Ideally what is the best side of the Canyon or should we include Hoover Dam etc. Would spend about $300 if a trip was highly recommended. I would appreciate any comments.

Sorry, I can't remember who we went with and it was in a plane which took in both the damn and the canyon.

Ok, so the last bit is helpful. Do see both.

[broken link removed]is the one we did. It was a day tour which included a plane ride (7/8 seater) to near the Grand Canyon. A helicopter ride into the Grand Canyon itself and then a boat ride along the Colorado river.
A memorable way to see the Grand Canyon and we got some amazing pictures. On the way back the plane flew over the Hoover Dam so we got to see that too but the Grand Canyon was the main attraction for us.

Last edited:
I would have thought you wouldn't get much for $300, I know someone who just got back and paid about $1k for 2 people for the helicopter out & back. I'll get the name of the company of you like?

We took a plane trip to the grand canyon from vegas. Get a bus to the GC viewing point and hour or two to walk around, fly back. I think it was around $200 each ...

We booked ours in the hotel (paris), they had loads of options to suit most budgets. I think we had to book one or two days in advance.

It's well worth it by the way, the GC is amazing. Good luck.

Hi, you should book this in advance. We were unable to get the trip we wanted when we tried to book in Vegas, ended up on a trip where we were collected from our hotel at 6am, picked up others from their hotels, went to a central point about 7am, then sat round until 8am when the bus left for the Canyon!

I would have thought you wouldn't get much for $300, I know someone who just got back and paid about $1k for 2 people for the helicopter out & back. I'll get the name of the company of you like?
You'll definitely get good trips for 300 USD each which is what ours cost - see my earlier post

[broken link removed]is the one we did. It was a day tour which included a plane ride (7/8 seater) to near the Grand Canyon. A helicopter ride into the Grand Canyon itself and then a boat ride along the Colorado river.
A memorable way to see the Grand Canyon and we got some amazing pictures. On the way back the plane flew over the Hoover Dam so we got to see that too but the Grand Canyon was the main attraction for us.

I highly reccomend this trip also. Excellent!!!

Thanks everybody, we will be hiring a car while in Vegas so another choice would be to drive to the GC and then get a Heli ride, so I'll look into that too. Loughquinn this web site was one I had been on so I think I will go ahead and book with them. thanks for the recommendation.

Go to helicopter tours and 'Floor Landing'. Its less than US 300 per person. Was well worth it. Four people in the chopper, but it was a six passenger one. Well worth it. Absolutely amazing views, so bring the camera. You land on the base of the Canyon and get some nibbles and champagne.

TIP: Let somebody else sit up front on the journey out (you take the front on rotation). On the return, the pilot will refuel at a base on the way back. After the re-fuel, you (and another person) can sit up front. You get the longest part of the trip up front, not over the Canyon itself, but great scenery, and you get the spin down along the Strip in Vegas.

I booked the helicopter ride from vegas to the gc and then you are taken to a ranch for some hoe down, can't wait. It cost $540 so with the exchange rate as good as it is, its a steal. Thanks.

Just wondering has anybody had any trouble with the weight restrictions on helicopter tours. i would be very close to some of the weight restrictions (19-20 stones) it says that they charge you for an extra trip if you exceed this weight...
does this really happen????

A helicopter flight to the Grand Canyon is definitely a thing on my to do list. A friend of mine already did this and he said that it was absolutely amazing. Additionally I would love to visit the Grand Canyon Skywalk because it must be amazing to stand on the bridge and look down. Hopefully I am prospectively able to visit the Grand Canyon.

I used papillion tours - they were ok but are a ryanair kinda effort - they dont fly from vegas, they bus you out 30mins to a smaller airport and fly from there. We paid about USD 220 each for a trip OVER hoover dam and west rim of canyon. If doing the GC, the south rim is twice as deep and apparently worth the extra time and cost....either way its a must do when in Vegas

Back