Bought in Spain (Almeria); from Simple Palmera Properties (Nutgrove)

K

knockshe

They have an office in Nutgrove. Made an investment 2.5 yrs ago for a development in Spain (Almeria); the development was cancelled but I can't get my money back; they say they gave it to the Builder and are pursuing him; this has gone on for over 1 yr now with no progress. Suggestions?

I would imagine the company are existing out of the good of their health no doubt they received commission on the sale which you should pursue them for. Not up to date on the legal side but i would imagine the property company must stand over their deals, you would imagine they would have some form of business insurance protecting them from any such liabilities.

They have an office in Nutgrove. Made an investment 2.5 yrs ago for a development in Spain (Almeria); the development was cancelled but I can't get my money back; they say they gave it to the Builder and are pursuing him; this has gone on for over 1 yr now with no progress. Suggestions?

Hi Knockshe,

I can't really answer your question but there is a forum called [broken link removed] - maybe if you post your question there, you'll probably find others in the same boat. I purchased 2 years ago in spain in costa blanca region and bought through a spanish company called TM Torreblanca - they have agents here in ireland (i'm not one of them!) but found the build, the agent professional and am very happy with house. The apartment I bought wasn't off plan though and the first thing I asked for was a copy of the planning permission, this company has been in business for 40 years so they can afford to build and then sell. If you do ever get your money back and I hope you do - there are thousands of second hand houses for sale and at far better value than off plan but if you do want to buy new I couldn't recommend TM any higher. Best of Luck

Who did you pay the money to?Was it through your solicitor? Were you using their solicitor? Did you use any?

Were these not in the papers a few months ago because of a dispute they had with one of their clients? I did a search and found this [broken link removed], which may explain some of your problems. I wouldn't be holding out a lot of hope for your deposit by the looks of it.

Back