auto 320 - an AAM Tribute

CCOVICH

The Askaboutmoney team has learned with great sadness that that one of our regular posters, auto320, passed away in July.

auto320 showed a tremendous range of knowledge on all aspects of overseas property. His contributions opened a lot of eyes that would otherwise have been blinded by slick marketing spin from the many users we have had to ban for unabashed spamming of various overseas property 'schemes'.

Not only were his posts helpful, but he had a way of imparting advice in a very humorous manner, two qualities that are hard to combine.

He will be sorely missed by many on AAM.

must echo your sentiments ccovich. auto320 was very much the voice of reason when it came to the overseas investment fad. May he RIP.

That is terrible news, he was probably my favourite poster. As a person with a real interest in property worldwide, he always had strong and well-informed opinions. I was actually expecting him to respond to a number of more recent threads, that I knew he would have advise on.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dilis.

I always appreciated the comments that auto320 posted and appreciated his views, wise in my opinion on overseas investment. I will miss his postings. I liked his direct approach and he obviously know what he wrote/spoke about. I owed him a pm, but sadly that will not happen now. May he RIP. Optimistic

I would like to wish all auto 320 family my condolences. He had emparted sound advice to which many benifited from.

Sincere Regards

Jaid

Echo all the sentiments of the above posters.

Hope these posts help his family realise what great support he actually was to his "virtual" friends.

As one who had several PM conversations with Auto over mutual interests, I am deeply saddened by this news.
He was extremly generous with his knowledge and advice and will be missed by all on this board, especially me.
C

I would like to wish Autos family my sympathy. His posts on this site put a lot of people to rights. All the best.

That's really sad news. I also really enjoyed auto320's posts. He had such vast knowledge about property in many countries and he certainly saved a lot of money for people with his very sound advice.

I did notice that I hadn't seen his posts for a while and missed them. He will certainly be missed on AAM.

Really sad. Condolences to autos family. He saved me alot of money with his good advice. He was greatly respected here in the AAM community and he will be missed. RIP x

My condolences to Auto's family.
I always enjoyed reading his posts & appreciated his vast knowledge & also his generosity in sharing it.
He will be greatly missed on this site.
Perplexed.

I'm shocked as I received an email back in June and didn't think that I hadn't gotten a reply in return meritted any worries. I am so sorry for this and I hope his family realise he's now looking after them even more!

Very sad news. My condolences to his family. He was an excellent contributor to this site and will be hugely missed. His impartial advice was of enormous benefit.

I too enjoyed his posts. He was the one poster you would look out for in a long post and his contribution was excellent.

He will be sadly missed here.

I was shocked to see this last night and would offer my condolences to his family. He was one of the good guys.

Like all the posters above, I'm sorry to hear this sad news. He was a wealth of knowledge on Overseas Investing and will be greatly missed here on AAM.

A poster who always cast a cold eye and gave the benefit of his wisdom freely. My condolences.

AAM has lost a real asset, and his family must also be feeling the pain of such a loss. His family can take comfort in the fact that he did a lot of good by clicking on his keypad with such skill. May he rest in peace.

Auto was a legend on AAM and a man who had his heart firmly in the right place, all too rare trait these days. His posts will be sorely missed not only for their detailed insight and experience, but the fact that he was so genuine in his aim to protect and help investors, and of course his great sense of humour. RIP.

Back