user/nick-names on AAM

shootingstar

was just browsing around AAM. where do people think up of their names? some are hilarous. i though of the name shootingstar because i worked with a girl years ago who had an obsession with stars. stone mad to work with. used to get us in alot of sh*t behind the bar. great craic though...

I got mine from Homer Jay. - he saw a bird preening an elephant and copied the idea "mmmmm......elephantfresh". But the full spelling wouldn't fit.
So there.

actually yours was one of the ones that amused me. i was thinking where the hell would he come up with a name like that. Homer Jay... - class !!

Suppose mine is a bit dull, cynical and serious - just caveat emptor abbreviated - chosen, as I assume I am always being hoodwinked/ripped off in some way with almost every commercial transaction.

(obvious exceptions aside, like buying a bar of chocolate)

Thankfully, my suspicions do not always turn out to have been warranted though!

i picked olly64 because olly63 was used already lol

Because I'm a zig and zag fan (well I was 15+ years ago when they were on Dempseys Den).

And did you know . . . ? (needs to be said in a zag voice to be fully appreciated and bring the memories back)

z

Because I'm a zig and zag fan (well I was 15+ years ago when they were on Dempseys Den).

And did you know . . . ? (needs to be said in a zag voice to be fully appreciated and bring the memories back)

z

Just before xmas they had Dustin on with them, they invited him over for christmas dinner. When he asked what were they having... z & z paused and stared at him going "eh... erm...". brilliant.

I always wonder how people pick their aliases too!

I like languages, so thought I'd pick a word from another language.

I wasn't very imaginative picking "ragazza" (which means "girl" in italian), but thought it sounded nicer than cailin/Madchen/chica/fille/koritsi etc.

I just looked out the window and saw my jeep...bullbars...wish it was a bit more insightful or something but .....whadda ya gonna do

I can't really remember- may have been listening to V Ice (on the radio I hasten to add) or feeling particularly pale- but I suspect it may have had something to do with ice cream.

Mine was based on my daughter's favourite cartoon character [broken link removed]. Seemingly she was every bit as bitchy as my idol :D

Back in the 80s (?) mine was used by some non member supporters of Bohemian FC as a term of abuse for members of the club. Not to be confused with other uses such as kit (?) sports cars etc.

Betsy was the name given to a backpacker car we had in Oz - being a workhorse kind of name which that car was. We wouldnt usually name cars but this machine had personality and depending on its mood it would start or the battery wouldnt recharge etc. etc., did 18k km in about 10 or 12 weeks though so was loved

I cant quite recall why the Og came into it, maybe just to gaelicise it a bit. Wish I was still Og ...........:D

Back in the 80s (?) mine was used by some non member supporters of Bohemian FC as a term of abuse for members of the club. Not to be confused with other uses such as kit (?) sports cars etc.

and I thought that this
[broken link removed]

was named after you ClubMan !

Aww...

..and I had pictured you as some sort of lothario frequenting all the seedier nite spots ;)

Back