Re: Quinn-Life versus RaboDirect

it does not have the 'early exit' penalties.

As far as I'm aware, neither Quinn or Rabo have 'early exit' penalties. But thanks for the site link, and posting this in a factual, up-front way!

Rabo do - [broken link removed] of the full value of the fund on exit!

F. Kruger's site is very interesting. A wider range of funds than QL, lower charges that Rabo in most cases and also than QL in some. The main caveat is the need for an initial lump sum investment of €7.5K but I agree that it's another interesting one for people to consider if they are planning on investing that amount of a lump sum and maybe also making ongoing contributions.

Yes, but Rabo's exit charge is not an 'early exit' penalty.

F. Kruger, can you answer these questions on InvestAndSave.ie?

Is there online access to portfolio valuations?
Is there a charge for fund switches?

BTW - [broken link removed] also offers something similar (if not identical?) to www.investandsave.ie.

I have done a little IT work for Liam in the past but otherwise have no vested interest in his business.

Four Free Fund Switches & Four Free Fund Redirections in any one policy year. Switching does not cause a tax event.

A Partial Encashment has to be greater than €1,000 and the residual value of the policy thereafter must be €2,500. There is a partial encashment charge of €20.

There is on-line access.

The product is similar to what was available before but it does not have the 5/4/3/2/1 early encashment charges.

The AMC is specified in the policy schedule as 0.0833% per month.

For the three Index Trackers/Passive Funds, the fee charged by the external fund manager, Barclays Global Investors, is absorbed within Eagle Star's 1% AMC.

For the 4 'ETF' funds, the 1% AMC quoted by Eagle Star does not include any fees deducted within the Exchange Traded Funds.

The €20 applies to a partial encashment only, in the context of the survey. It does not apply to full surrender.

Back