Cash and Carry Kitchens

T

Teabags

I'm thinking of getting a kitchen from Cash and Carry Kitchens in Limerick (the new one that has moved into 4 Homes in Raheen in Limerick).

Has anyone got their kitchen from them... & what was your experience?

Thanks
:)

Just visited C&C in Raheen yesterday. Not impressed with quality at all. Would have expected that show kitchens would be fitted to high standard but was not so. Also got a quote for a similar kitchen from a different supplier which was almost the same as C&C quote but with other supplier fitting was included.

Anything I've heard about C&C has been good - theres lots about them in the keypost here if you do a search. We got a big wardrobe from them and its been fine for a year now and looks great - it was tonnes less expensive than panelling centre who we got our kitchen from. Fitters were great - although its prob just luck who you get. I'd say C&C is as good as any other place at that end of the market.

We bought two kitchens from them for other houses and were very happy with price, quality and service. In all of our dealings with them (in Dublin) they were both professional and friendly.
I am not connected with them in any way.

thinnest carcasses ive ever seen 15mm versus the usual 18mm
try kitchen world, vastly superior quality and variety and they will deliver outside of dublin for a reasonable fee their stuff is also not flat pack which is important if you have anything but the smallest of kitchens

As it happens, I got an approximate quote from Kitchen World a couple of days ago, and it was slightly less than Cash & Carry's rough figures. The Kitchen World guy pointed out that their units are not flat pack, whereas Cash & Carry said the units would be delivered "fully-assembled" so I'm not sure from that if they're actually flat pack or not.

kitchen world is definitely not flat pack. i didnt mean to infer that cash and carry were flat pack, just that they are rubbish.

I got my bedroom furniture from the Sandyford branch & used their recommended fitter 3 years ago - very happy with everything - delivered on time well fitted & still looking as good as the day it was bought blah blah blah

My Dad liked mine so much he got fitted wardrobes from them from their branch in Wexford (? assume it was Wexford as that's where his house is) fitter was rubbish - not finished off properly at all & he had to get them back out to sort it out - end result not a happy customer at all.......

So it appears to be the luck of the draw with the fitters who afaik don't work for C&C......

They came highly recommended from several people I know who have had kitchens from them so that's why I went with them ;)

we had a nice pannelling centre kitchen devalued by a crapppy fitter - it does make a difference if you can a recommendation for a good one, I used sandyford C&C also and the fitters they sent were brillant - like a swat team of young guys!

Can only speak from my experience -shop around! I spec'd our kitchen in various shops from C&C to Pannelling Centre and loads in between. Finallly got very good quality kitchen from kitchen company who give the whole service from design to fitting - I'd go with Mary Harney - shop around - you might just find what you are looking for in a place that will do the whole job for you.

kitchen world is definitely not flat pack. i didnt mean to infer that cash and carry were flat pack, just that they are rubbish.
Thats a very daming remark. I am quiet certain there are several thousand happy C&C kitchen customers out there as I am one and am very pleased with my 3 year old kitchen. Does it really matter if they are flat pack or not? they are all flat sheets of wood at some stage.

theres nothing wrong with flat pack other than the hassle involved in putting it together.

theres nothing wrong with flat pack other than the hassle involved in putting it together.

I don't understand your post. What do I or any other C&C customers care that their units are hassle to put together when the vast majority hire a kitchen fitter? :confused:

kitchen fitters dont work for free and assembling flatpack units takes longer than actually fitting them. you seem offended by my remark. i would you suggest you put a unit from the panelling centre, kitchen world etc beside one from C&C and you will see what i mean.

Why would I be offended? I just didn't understand your remark about putting them together. As for it being more difficult, my fitter charged by the day, it took him one 12 hour day to put in a relatively large kitchen - he would have charged me the same if it had taken him an 8 hour day to fit the kitchen, so as I said, it was not skin off my nose if it was more difficult for him. As I and others have pointed out, the C&C units come ready-assembled, not flat-packed as you keep insisting :confused: .

if you actually took the time to read what i wrote you would see that i confirmed kitchen world wasnt flat pack. i never said a word about how c&C stuff is delivered. i dont know and really dont care. if you are happy with your purchase, then thats great for you . this is getting a bit boring . time to move on, dont you think?

Back