Christening Present

Happy Girl

My husband has been asked to be Godfather to our nephew. Any ideas of what to get him for the Christening. Don't want to do the "silver tankard" thing and would like something original. Considered opening savings account for him but cannot do so without birth certificate and don't want to ask parents. Any ideas???

A nice pair of rosary beads, or a relic from your favourite saint or a charitable donation?

I get all my christening presents from the Monogram Shop. They personalise all gifts and they are really beautiful. You should have a look at [broken link removed] *

You may be looking for more of a keepsake but i thought this site was worth a mention anyway.

*i have no connection with this company. Just a very satisfied customer.

A voucher to have his photo professionally taken and framed in his christening outfit!

Searched previous postings and liked the idea of a tree. Any of you botanists familiar with tree names. The child's name is Daniel and it would be lovely if there was a tree with a similar name that we could get for him. Or if somebody could direct me to a web page to investigate this.

How about having some trees planted in his name or send a goat to Africa.

We got a fantastic present from our daughters godmother. The only thing is - you wouldn't be able to give it to them on the day - because it is "of the day". We had christening in church, over to local for food and drinks and then back to the house. What she did was take photos all day ... making sure to get family shots, baby shots, funny photos, the cake, etc. etc. Then she submitted her photos on line to www.photobox.co.uk - and they made up a book - a real book - laid out in the sequence of the day. Her one had a pink cover and it is made up landscape format. It is just fantastic and something we will treasure forever. She had captions under most of the photos and had thought of everything - including a photo of the church and the pub. I had a look on their website and reckon it cost her about STG£30. I'm already planning ways of giving it as a gift!

The trees idea is great. I'm a new godfather at the end of June. Who does one contact to get trees planted in a little persons name. By the way don't we all have a tree in our name since the Millennium, no idea where it is though.

Would Coillte be the people to do the tree planting for us?

The trees idea is great. I'm a new godfather at the end of June. Who does one contact to get trees planted in a little persons name. By the way don't we all have a tree in our name since the Millennium, no idea where it is though.

Would Coillte be the people to do the tree planting for us?
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]

I'm sure there are others.

You could plant it in the childs parents garden or grandparents garden etc on the day of the christening!

You could plant it in the childs parents garden or grandparents garden etc on the day of the christening!

Good idea but wrong time of the year to be planting trees. I've the job done this morning with Tree Council of Ireland. Hope I don't fall out with the parents between now and the christening:eek: :D

how about opening a savings account for the child, and putting in a few quid each week/month until the child is 18 or 21years old, it would be a nice present to get at that age, my sister and my brother-in-law both gave this present to their god children.... i think it was a great idea... love the idea of the book by the way!

Back