Sunny South East

Hi All, Going to Wexford for last week of June. Looking into booking a day at Dunbrody cookery school any of you been there ??? Also any ideas appreciated..... We are based in blackwater village but willing to travel daily... I think it will be nice to see a bit of Sunny South East. I have been there before with family, but looking for new ideas just myself and hubby going this time......

Thanks All

www.southeastireland.com Heading there myself in June and staying at the Hook head and the whole area is lovely. We stayed one night at Dunbrody when it first opened years ago and loved it's tranquility. I would be interested to hear how the cookery course gets on.

While you're in Dunbrody there are a good few beautiful spots nearby - Try the "Ring of Hook" drive - The Hook head is a beautiful spot, and is believed to have one of the oldest lighthouses in Europe.

On the way out to the Hook Head, have a look on the right at a beautiful old Mansion - Loftus Hall - the devil is believed to appear here - it's not open to the public - but is always takes my breath away when i see it.

There is also Tintern Abbey that is a monastic abbey, and has lovely walks around it - over a battlement bridge....

There are a few little villages around that are quaint, Fethard-on-sea, Duncannon, Arthurstown, Ballyhack. There are also beautiful little beaches(Duncannon is probably the most popular in the area), but look for directions to Dollar Bay, Booley Bay, Carnivan and Baginbun for lovely less packed beaches.

There's also JFK arboretum, again beautiful walks around the gardens....

Gosh all this makes me want to take a trip :)

Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!

Last edited:
look for directions to Dollar Bay, Booley Bay,

They're both excellent beaches, real paradises that not many know about, i was there a lot as a kid.

The heritage park is also worth a visit, depending on what your into.

If you're into golf I'd recommend the links course in Rosslare...an under-rated gem. 60 quid for us each last summer. Stayed in the Brandon too and it was lovely.

you can pop into Duncannon Fort or into Kilmokea Gardens near Campile.
The JFK Dunbrody famine ship is worth a visit.

Back