Air Transat - Anyone ever flown with them? good/bad?

Mers1

Just wondering if anyone has ever flown with Air Transat the Canadian charter airline? What are they like, good, bad ? :)

Hi Mers1,
Like any charter airline they are less expensive than the likes of Air Canada or British Airways, and I would say that the service is similar to that of Aer Lingus long haul to the US. Are you looking at flying dublin/Toronto?

Air Transat used to transit Shannon on a daily basis on US troop charter flights to Iraq and Baghdad. Their fleet mainly comprises of Airbus A310's some relatively new and some older versions (15 years +)

Dublin - Toronto got super deal €492 all included for two people. Sheer luck I'm guessing,so hence the question about the airline, I just have the fingers crossed that service/in-flight etc wouldnt be of a Ryanair standard!!:rolleyes:

That's not bad. The down side is that they don't fly into the main Toronto Airport so if you're looking to use them to get to Canada/North America and then transfer it can be tricky. They actually fly into an Airport outside the city near Hamilton Ontario which can be quite inconvienient, just make sure you know where they'll be dropping you off.
A friend of mine flew Air Transat last year to visit here and she didn't have any complaints and Canadians aren't really used to no frills airlines like Ryan Air so I would have expected some negative feedback if it was really that bad.
ad

adbob,

actually got direct to Pearson rather than Hamilton another stroke of genius:D

Are Air Transat no longer a part of Fly Globspan? Because thats much better, when are you looking at flying that you got a deal like that or is just one way?

ad

Adbob,

Went with Air Transat purely to get to Pearson as Globespan only fly to Hamilton. To be honest I wasn't aware that the two airlines were/might be linked. Booked 2 weeks ago, price is for 2 people return incl all charges and taxes. Check out www.canadianaffair.com subscribe to their newsletter which gives super deals at off peak times.

Actually flying end of this month

Thanks,
Thats a great deal, but I'm sure you already know it, can you let me know what the flight is like?
I'm flying on Air Canada this summer and it's much more expensive but it's august so everything is, even Air Transat (I checked to be sure) plus I need to then transfer on as Toronto isn't my final destination.
Anyhow, let me know how it goes!

ad

BTW that link doesn't have Dublin, it's just UK.

Last edited:
gdf you are confusing ATA (American Transair) with Air Transat.
ATA have the US military contract not Air Transat.

Your correct Iasno, its American Trans Air that ferrys the US troops - apologies for misinformation. The fleet info in my posting is correct.

Back