Nadura-Insulated Concrete Formwork

Hi,

I've gotten a quote from them last night for a self build. I'm dealing with the Leinster Distributor Barry Fingleton.

I actually went to see his own house which is currently under construction. Not yet plastered or slabbed so you get a good look at the system.

I spoke to the builder that built the house shaped like 3 hexagons linked together that Nudura use in their irish adverts. Its his house actually. He's claiming for his first year (4500 sq ft house) using an air source heat pump with ufh that its cost in the region of 400 Euro to heat the place. If it was 3 times that it would still be reasonable for heating a house that size.

What specifically are you wondering about?

SAS

I was actually thinking of using geothermal under floor heating with Nudura.

What ballpark cost are we talking about for Nudura.

Do internal walls need to be boarded and skimed. Just a bit concerned about external render sticking/ holding up. Also hanging things like curtain rails etc would it be a problem

I was actually thinking of using geothermal under floor heating with Nudura.

What ballpark cost are we talking about for Nudura.

Do internal walls need to be boarded and skimed. Just a bit concerned about external render sticking/ holding up. Also hanging things like curtain rails etc would it be a problem

I only got prices for the wall system up to wall plate level. I don't want a price per sq ft. because I feel you're begging to get ripped off going that route. I can't answer this basically. You need to send plans in.

There are vertical plastic strips 9 (I think) inches apart embedded in the walls that apparently take 100lbs per fixing. For things like curtainly rails, you need to plan in advance and fix timber battens to the concrete core before slabbing. You do this be removing the required amount of the inner leaft of insulation to accomadate the timber.

You do need to slab and skim\"tape and fill" the inside.

The external render must be a machine applied acrylic render apparently. Sand and cement renders won't adhere and will fail.

I don't think there is much worry on that front because the Germans have been using external polystryrene insulations for years and the renders are the same as required for ICF.

I still haven't made a decision.

Happy hunting.

SAS

Thanks SAS dont like sound of pre planning curtain Rails etc... Doesnt leave much scope for cahnges in the future

You'd have exactly the same problem with a timber frame.

You could slab with Fermacell boards which are apparently load bearing and would alleviate the issue. They are expensive though.

Has anyone used Nadura for building. I am aself builder thinking of using it
You have probably started building or are finished by now .............
I am presently building with nadura icf. Building by myself it will take lot longer than if I had a crew on site .There is no doubt in my mind to the choice I have made with icf .It may cost me more up front but in the long run cheaper for heating ..........I hope. I am also looking into infloor heating system.I am only doing the basement in icf 9' walls and 2000 sq. ft.The main house will be wooden structure.Will be interesting to see what role the winter snow & cold has had on icf walls because I was forced to stop construction because of weather.Would be interesting to share with you on your project ....If you have gone ahead with it & how it's working out .
Sincerely,Tress

hi there,
i am a nudura installer and will answer any questions you may have about the system.
regards
ken

Back