Newcastle Manor Co Dublin

ULS

I was looking at buying an appartment in Newcastle Manor there are a few for sale at the moment does anyone know anything about this estate would it be a nice spot to buy in?

I would say it is not a bad spot. Mixture of rentals and owner occupiers. There was talk of there being a halting site behind the estate a few years back, but it does not seem to have materialised. There is a new development coming up too due to be released in April on the opposite side of the road called Newcastle Lyons. [broken link removed] so you might get a new property in the same area if you would prefer.

There is also another development being launched in April called Ballynakelly Village near Newcastle Manor. Call GPK in Lucan for info.

I know people who live here and great experiences,especially if work nearby as closer to work. Has nitelink too. Newcastle is small though and isolated.

well maintained estate

Hi, has anybody looked/bought at Newcastle-Lyons or Aylmer-Heath specifically, both seems nice and I'm interesed to buy in too.

I know of two people (sisters) who have bought two opposite ends of a terrace (3 beds) in Aylmer Heath. They were very well finished. Personally, I think there are now too many developments in this particular area (there has to be about five or six) Newcastle Lyons itself is going to be huge.

I feel its too much development within a very small area and there is not the facilities to match.

had a look at almer heath, very well finished house alright and the new castle lyons accross the road is hard to say anything about as they had no show units when i was down and were selling them from a site office. there is alot of developement going on in this area and agree with a poster above that it is a little bit isulated (in my opinion tho im not from around there) not much around bar that petrol station tho it is well linked to lucan and back up to the red cow and town. still saying all that there are little pro's in my eyes for the area and seems a fair few con's, now if this was reflected in the price of the units down there that would be grand tho it isnt. i have been told by someone involved in one of the developements down there that actually in some cases the bank has refused to mortgage the properties in this proticular estate claming that they are over priced and not worth the cash. aswell from the same persom none of them are selling and people are droppin out left right and centre. i know alot of cases people are always quick to dish areas before saying anything good about them so it is really up to the buyer to make there own gudgement i am purely passing on infornmation i was told when i was considering buying around there......

Back