BoI to start charging for CC statements

spinal_tap

Something like €3.80 for Page 1 and €2.50 for each page thereafter from March 1.

Can you cancel the hard copy statements and just view online?

I saw that on the back of my bill yesterday. Afai can remember, it's for duplicate bills.

The charge only applies if you request a duplicate copy of your statement and this is clearly stated in the leaflet accompanying recent statements.
And if you do need a copy, then you can download it from the bank website without incurring any extra charge.

The charge only applies if you request a duplicate copy of your statement and this is clearly stated in the leaflet accompanying recent statements.
And if you do need a copy, then you can download it from the bank website without incurring any extra charge.

Do you have to take a current account with them as well to avail of that facility?

AFAIK, you need to have a current account to access online services with BoI (and possibly all other retail banks as well).

Yes it is only for duplicate copies as I rang them, I didn't think it was very clear on leaflet.

AFAIK, you need to have a current account to access online services with BoI (and possibly all other retail banks as well).

Not sure. I had a current account and visa with AIB. When I closed the current account I was still able to view the visa online, but they did have to send me new login details.

I used to have the same with BoI, but when I upgraded my standard MC to a Gold Card I lost access. So if you hang on to your original credit card account, you may be able to retain access.

when using 365online.ie, select Great Britain instead of Republic of Ireland, and you should be able to log on & get your VISA statement on line even though you have no current a/c with BOI.... It works for me

Back