Re: What am I entitled to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest111

Split from here social welfare forum by ajapale

Am I the only person slightly irritated by the title of this thread?

"What am I entitled too?"

How about getting married before you have a child? How about staying in the UK where you may or may not have been paying tax? How about getting this "partner" to subsidise your lifestyle instead of Irish taxpayers?
How about getting a job as soon as you return?

You are "entitled" to nothing but I've no doubt you'll take plenty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Split from here social welfare forum by ajapale

Am I the only person slightly irritated by the title of this thread?

"What am I entitled too?"

How about getting married before you have a child? How about staying in the UK where you may or may not have been paying tax? How about getting this "partner" to subsidise your lifestyle instead of Irish taxpayers?
How about getting a job as soon as you return?

You are "entitled" to nothing but I've no doubt you'll take plenty.

A bit harsh I'd say!. OP has been working in the UK for 7 years as well as raising her child - she now wants to return to Ireland which she is perfectly entitled to do and presumably doing so because she has split up with her partner. I would imagine that moving from the UK to Ireland is going to be quite time consuming, then looking for schools, place to live etc - I doubt that she will have the time to start a job prior to September. If she does start one on her return how do you expect her to pay for/arrange child care?, also what difference does it make whether she is married or not? - the OP wants to know her entitlements if any so the title seems quite appropriate to me!. Good luck to the OP, I hope everything goes well for you and your child.

A bit harsh I'd say!. OP has been working in the UK for 7 years as well as raising her child - she now wants to return to Ireland which she is perfectly entitled to do and presumably doing so because she has split up with her partner. I would imagine that moving from the UK to Ireland is going to be quite time consuming, then looking for schools, place to live etc - I doubt that she will have the time to start a job prior to September. If she does start one on her return how do you expect her to pay for/arrange child care?, also what difference does it make whether she is married or not? - the OP wants to know her entitlements if any so the title seems quite appropriate to me!. Good luck to the OP, I hope everything goes well for you and your child.

Nothing personal...I'd happily help her myself. It's just the principle of it.
When I mentioned marriage it wasn't out of some crazy religous zealot like belief. The situation is just a consequence of not being married.
I'm just not a fan of freeloaders. May have been a touch OTT, for which I apologise

Andy Doof - I just read you response and am shocked at what you had to say. I cant respond to you in that thread but hope you read this!
You know NOTHING about me and what has brought me to this situation!
I can also guarantee you had I been married I would still have left. The reason I dont want support from him is cause I dont want anything from him!
I am sorry if my thread title offends you but all I wanted too know is if I could get a bit of help until I start to work and get my child in school.
I dont want to be on benefits forever but only till I get my life sorted.
I am also prepaired to go without in favor of working full time instead of claiming benefits. I am usually a very independant person who has supported herself since leaving college 9 years ago and will continue to do so when settled. But the recent circumstances has left me vunerable and looking at every option I can think of and if signing on is one of them to get me out of the current situation and back home to Ireland, I will take it
Again, apologies for offending you and for you thinking I am a freeloader trying to get everything from the system but your small minded thinking is the least of my worries at the moment.

I am sorry if I offended you and wish you all the best when you get home to Cork. Regardless of what has happened both you and your child are entitled to financial support from this man.
Again, apologies for the tone of my post.

I am sorry if I offended you and wish you all the best when you get home to Cork. Regardless of what has happened both you and your child are entitled to financial support from this man.
Again, apologies for the tone of my post.

Fair play to you for apologising. Shocking post though!! Probably the last time that poor girl will look for advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back