value of land subject to planning(with/without)

R

rupert

I currently possess 3.5 acres in county Kilkenny - It is 1 approx from a thriving town a major roadway between Dublin-Cork (N76).

It is currently agricultural land but of course would be put to market subject to planning.

Was wondering if anyone has experience of this type of sale and what a good starting out asking price would be?

Is auction a viable option?

Would appreciate some opinions/advice.

Really depends on the potential of the land - have a look at the county development plan to see where your area stands from that point of view...

If you are seriously considering selling, I'd highly recommend having a valuation carried out and maybe getting someone with a good knowledge of planning etc in the area on board.

Have a look at daft.ie or www.sitesforsale.ie to see what land how land in the area is being price.

land in itself is worth feck all - its a planning permission that is worth money. Get an outline planning permission and sell it

First off, i'm assuming its not zoned but can be considered "rural":

Not so sure about getting an outline PP. The planners will more than likely put an occupancy clause in the conditions. These clauses are no longer being ignored by purchasers solicitors, particularly when a mortgage is involved.

You might do best by selling it privately, subject to planning or, instead of doing it subject to planning, sell it with a six month closing date. If you do sell subejct to planning, put in a wording to ensure the buyer actually has to apply for the PP within a reasonable amount of time, say 6-8 weeks.

First off, i'm assuming its not zoned but can be considered "rural":

Not so sure about getting an outline PP. The planners will more than likely put an occupancy clause in the conditions. These clauses are no longer being ignored by purchasers solicitors, particularly when a mortgage is involved.

You might do best by selling it privately, subject to planning or, instead of doing it subject to planning, sell it with a six month closing date. If you do sell subejct to planning, put in a wording to ensure the buyer actually has to apply for the PP within a reasonable amount of time, say 6-8 weeks.

You are quite correct Lobby, I forgot about the occupancy clause that is common in Ireland now

Back