Super unleaded

Sunster

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone knows where/ which garages (if any) sells super unleaded in North Dublin. Dont seem to see it about anywhere!

yes - Garage beside Tesco Clare Hall sell it (I think they are Shell)
As does garage opposite Beaumont House.
Super unleaded is a bit pricier than the normal grade but I do notice a difference in car's performance using the super

The Esso Garage on the Navan Road, beside St. Brigids GAA Club, just after The Halfway House and before Blanchardstown.

I can't but suspect that there is no difference between Super and normal unleaded . . I mean do the garages really have a separate tank for Super, do the suppliers truck it in separate tanks to the garage, indeed does the ship that brings in the petrol keep it separate? . . I have to think that all petrol is pretty much generic.

I can't but suspect that there is no difference between Super and normal unleaded . . I mean do the garages really have a separate tank for Super, do the suppliers truck it in separate tanks to the garage, indeed does the ship that brings in the petrol keep it separate? . . I have to think that all petrol is pretty much generic.

Different octane levels. Most engines are designed to be used with the standard, though some require the super to perform as intended. Using the normal unleaded would lead to very noticable performance drop and problems with pinking and injector clogging in these. Honest John comments on this topic in his wekly articles from time to time.

You can definitely tell the difference in the grade. I drive a GTI, the handbook says recommends you use the 98 octane as opposed to the 95 so I use 98 whenever I can find it. Filling it with 95 just isn't the same.
Car is more sluggish on the 95.

My GTI hasn't tasted 98 yet...dying to find out the difference. 98 appears to be very rare

Back