cost of carpet cleaning

daisy22

Could anyone give me an idea of how much professional carpet cleaning would cost per room (in meath area)

I recently hired a carpet cleaning machine for €18 + VAT per day from a local tool hire company. It worked out much cheaper than getting a professional in...Very straight forward to use....

These carpets are particularly dirty, (think 50 builders lived in the house before I moved in!). Are these rentals the same as the professionals as don't want to spend more money on a hire and then find it doesn't do the job as well.

These carpets are particularly dirty, (think 50 builders lived in the house before I moved in!). Are these rentals the same as the professionals as don't want to spend more money on a hire and then find it doesn't do the job as well.

Well the machine I hired was an industrial carpet cleaner. It worked a treat on the cream carpet the previous owner fitted had on the stairs. (why would anyone put cream carpet on a stairs?!) For the sake of about €25 it is worth looking into in your area as paying labour to professionals to clean carpets would be much more....

Hi Daisy
I got a crowd in Navan to do my sitting room carpets and it cost 40 quid... Have to say it was money well spent as they looked like new when they had finished.... Getting them back to do the landing and bedrooms before xmas... They are called Rainbow Carpet Cleaner or something like that I have the number if you want it... Not sure about hiring the machine and doing it myself, I would worry that I would do it wrong, or wet the carpet to much etc... but thats just me

That was cheap!!! I hired the machine because I thought it would be much more expensive to get people in! If you can get it done for €40 I would def spare the hassle of doing it myself...

I need to clean the carpets in my 2 bed apartment before moving out. Can anyone recomend a company in Dublin that will do this inexpensively for me or else where exactly would you rent a machine from and how hard is it to operate?
Thanks for any advice!

Hi, i have a flyer from company called Enviroclean - meant to be very good. they charge 45 for sitting room, 85 for sitting room, hall, stairs and landing or 125 for complete 3 bed house which i think is reasonable. phone number is 087 267 1549.

Have never used them but a friend got her hall, stairs and landing done when they moved in and came up great.

Thanks,

Maybe I'm just being lazy, or moving house is complicated enough without having to clean the place so I get my deposit back. Will see what it costs, thanks again for the help.

Can't seem to find anyone to clean my carpets and the time on my lease is almost up.
All I really need to clean is my living room, anyone know where I can rent a machine?

Thanks
addob

addob, I think I've seen them for hire in Homebase. They are behind the checkouts. I have no idea how much it costs but if you have one near you you could give them a ring.

Addob it depends on the area you are in but a lovely chap called Ciaran at 016210255 cleaned the carpets and a 3 piece suite for me at a very good rate.

Thanks for the help, I've rented a carpet cleaner from this crowd HSS Hire they weren't too expensive and were located right in city centre which is handy for me.
Will let you know if anything goes terribly wrong!

ad

has anyone ever gotten chem dry to clean carpets or leather furniture. know their stain remover is great - my dad swears by it! but don't know anything about the professional carpet cleaning side of things.
both bedroom carpet and my leather sofa need to be done and just wondering roughly how much it'll cost me

Got chem dry to clean carpet and the carpet was filty 4 weeks later it looked like the dirt from the bottem of the carpet came to the top anyone got any idea what happened

Shampoo

I have heard of this happening alright.

What happens (I think) is that the shampoo residue is not removed completely and you are left with basicaly a layer of shampoo on the surface of the carpet. This is then very prone to turning a dirty colour.

J

But Chemdry are the people who say that their system DOESN'T do that! I don't know whether that's true or not, but our carpets stayed clean when the did them - got the protectant layer (like scotchguard) after the clean though so maybe that helped. Our carpets are beige which wasn't the smartest colour to choose :eek:

I used chemdry before in a place that i rented and it never happened to me and there were many stains on the carpet

I've used Chemdry before and found them great. One tip is if you only want one room cleaned and you see a cleaning van in the area, ask the guy will he come in and do it - I only paid him 25 euro (not Chemdry this time), so I was happy as it was lower than minimum callout charge and he was happy as it was cash in hand!

Back