Suburban Autos

Doesn't link work???..........basically someone picked up the logbook after buying and found the car was serviced at 75k miles, while the odometer showed 47k. Dealer said 'fair cop' and were fined €400. Makes me wonder about what I bought but you never know with any used car I suppose.....

The link works fine. You need to register (free) to access the Indo online.

Some crowd done for selling clocked cars in the Dublin District Court.

From the Irish Independent:

"A CAREFULLY filled-in logbook left in a glove compartment proved the undoing for a dealer who had just sold a "clocked" car, a court heard yesterday.
The car's milometer had been tampered with to indicate it had only 47,000 miles, whereas the real figure was over 75,000 miles.
Suburban Autos Ltd, Mount Pleasant Avenue, Rathmines, Dublin 6, pleaded guilty to selling a vehicle with a false trade description in May 2004. The company was fined €400 with €1,100 costs and witness expenses. "

I imagine anyone who's bought a car recently from Suburban Autos will be checking their logbooks...

It had an 'aircut. Wouldn't happen in the rest of the reputable second hand auto trade..............;)

you need to register (for free) to use unison.ie

I am registered and usually have no problem. This time it took my email and password but just keeps telling me to register. Kept bringing me back to same page. The computer 'remembers me' so I thought this was the problem and started all over again.....no joy.

Arthur Daley, are you a rival dealer?

Back