Northern Lights (AURORA BOREALIS) in Oslo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie!

Hi,

Just booked tickets to Oslo for early Feb as the other half has been dying to get going for a while.
Any advice anyone can offer as to where to go to increase chances of seeing the northern lights.

Any other general info on accomodation or sites etc, very welcome!

Re: Northern Lights in Oslo

I'll be following this thread - Its something I would love to see!

I think the further north you go the higher the chances (also somewhere with regular clear skies is obviously good) ... I think Northern Sweden and Northern Finland are places with high chances of seeing them - they're certainly places I've heard of people going to see them.

Oslo is north but not that far north - not sure how good your chances would be there (also it's a big city so you'd probably have to go outside the city to avoid light pollution etc.)

Newbie,

You will need to head much further north than Oslo to see the northern lights. A plane to Tromso from Oslo is best bet.

Thatbeatsall

I saw the [SIZE=-1]Aurora Borealis (the Northern Lights) in Dublin a few years ago. I think I actually posted here about it at the time. I have also seen them in Calgary, Canada and Rovianimie in Northern Finland. I think the lights are linked to sorlar storms which are cyclycal in nature.
[/SIZE]

Ryanair from dec 20th will fly from Dublin to Tamera in Finland, maybe you could go there, also this is a great city the best in Finland say the Finn's,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back