Louisa Park, Leixlip

nicky40

I am thinking of buying an apartment in this development. Has anyone bought there or have any information about the area. I've read the Beechpark info.

Well it's built on an old pitch and putt course and the ghost of a long dead golfer supposedly roams the communal parklands, 3 putting and slicing his way through the night.

On the other hand it's beside the Louisa bridge train station which goes to an every 15 mins service next year, getting you to connolly station in 25 mins.

I bought a 2 bed apartment in Louisa Park after queuing overnight in a car in late March! The apartments in that release sold out within two hours of opening the sales room! We are very happy with our purchase as we know the area well and the location next to the train cannot be beaten. I searched extensively over Dublin and surrounding areas before purchasing in Louisa Park and as a result am confident we got a good deal. In fact, they have gone up by approx 7% since we bought so we are even more sure now we did well! The apartments are scheduled to be ready by the end of the year and are looking well on track to be so. Good luck if you do decide to purchase!

Hi Shirls,

Can i ask how much the 2 beds were going for in Mar06. I've put a deposit on a 2 bed ground floor corner unit for €340. Do you think this is good value for the area?

As far as i remember, the prices were as follows:
one bed under duplex 255
One bed, top floor 290
2 bed ground floor 320
2 bed 1st floor 330
2 bed 2nd floor 340

In other words the 2 beds went up by ten thousand per floor, which is always the case, the higher the floor, the higher the price. As such 340 for ground floor is 20,000 more than in March but if it is on the corner it may be bigger......although i think the block you may have bought in, Block F?, are all the same size throughout unless it is one of the ones in the corner joining the two blocks (and which have separate kitchen and lving room) which i know are bigger. These ones were not for sale when we bought, but if it is one of those, then 340 sounds a good price even if it is ground floor. I would think carefully about ground floor though as i recently moved out of a property on the ground floor because it was too noisy as you are at 'ear level' while in bed with people walking around outside which is annoying and because of the security issues e.g. cannot leave a window open, i found the place got very stuffy.
With regards to the prices being good value for the area, im not sure of the costs of other new builds in Leixlip but I do believe they are excellent value when compared to other locations around Dublin that do not even have good transport links. The train will ensure Louisa Park will keep its value, especially as it is being turned into a dart over the next coupple of years. Any other questions please do not hesitate to ask, Louisa Park is my favourite topic of conversation since buying there, how sad is that?!!!

Hi Shirls, yes, the one I got has a separate kitchen and living room. I was hoping to get a first floor unit but they were sold out when I put my deposit down. I am on a cancellation list in case one comes back up before I sign contracts. Was it long between you putting your deposit down and signing contracts? Are room measurements available? The second bedroom looks quite small, was wondering if I’d be able to fit a double bed into it. Also, I want to order a sofa soon as it can take 4 months wafting time so was hoping to get some idea of livingroom size.
Do you know what is the rectangular space is opposite the crèche on the train station side, looks like a tennis court. Coonan don’t seem to know.

It was about 3 or 4 weeks between deposit and contracts as far as i remember. No room measurements are available as according to the builder, sizes can vary when the internal walls and plastering are done so they wont give sizes out until then. The second bedroom is quite small but there was a double bed in it in the showroom which fit fine, not room for much else in the room but what else do you really need?! We are turning ours into a study so will have a bed and a desk which I think will fit fine. Some of the two beds that are for rent on daft are calling the second room a single and others a double so i guess its up to you! As for living room size, we have bought two, two seater couches for ours and will also have a dining room table and chairs which should all fit comfortably judging from similar apartments i have been to with the same square footage and layout. however, your layout is different given the separate kitchen/living room so i have no idea of their sizes. Their shape is angled however so you may have to also angle your furniture so maybe consider that when buying anything! I hadnt noticed the rectangular space unitl you mentioned it but ive just had a look again at the plans and the only thing i can think of is that it could be a bike shed or bin store. I doubt very much it is a tennis court as Im sure that would have been included in the sales brouchure as a good selling point! Feel free to ask me anythign else if my answers are at all helpful!

thanks for all the information, very useful. The show apartment was closed when they were selling the current apartments. It's very difficult to get an idea of size without having seen it.

Louisa Park discussion forum will be active on in a few days time!

The Louisa Park forum is now live on neighbours.ie so please use it for specific discussion of the development and also spread the word!

Has anybody got in to snag block E/F yet. I was told it would be mid january but still have heard nothing. The finishing forman said it would be all complete by now but it still seems along way off.

As an addendum to this thread there are currently 8 apartments/houses in the upcoming Allsop auction. Details at the auction site.

I've lived in the development and there were many good things with these apartments. Not sure how it's panned out over the last 2-3 years though.

Back