Imagine Rip Off!

pennypincher

Just an FYI for any customers of Imagine Broadband,they've tried to over charge me for 2 seperate broadband packages in the same month.Initially I had the 20 Hours per month Broadband fo 9.99,then I upgraded to the always on for 19.99,but guess what they charged me for both the 9.99 and 19.99 packages for each month(5 months in total)!I only discovered while going through my bill in detail...I've cancelled my Direct debit and told them I won't be paying until I receive another itemised bill...when I asked them was it a software glitch(other customers might be affected) he said no it was because the area prefix changed....sounds like a glitch to me!

if 05 area in the mislands then its possibly genuine

do they charge over 20 hours ?

I still can't see how,as they over charged me before and after the area code changed..luckily I had an old bill could see they charged me in May for June rental(9.99)...then they charged me in July for June rental again on both the 9.99 package and 19.99 package!...I also wonder will they notify the rest of their customers..or wait until the customer approaches them....

In anwer to your question once you go over the 20 Hours the charges are quite expensive....

describe dealing with their cusomer service and billing departments (as distinct from sales )

was it an 05 number ????

Good example of why people should check their bills in details every month/billing period.

This isn't really a rip-off though, is it? They haven't told you you're not getting your money back, have they?

It's simply a case of overcharging, situations such as your discussed here. Why did it take you 5 months to pay your bill?

This isn't really a rip-off though, is it? They haven't told you you're not getting your money back, have they?

It's simply a case of overcharging, situations such as your discussed here. Why did it take you 5 months to pay your bill?

Well I think it is a rip off,Imagine obviously have not got a software package that checks for double billing.I pay my bills by direct debit so normally they take the money.The reason this bill has five months billing on it is because they've re-charged me for june out as far as september-but charged me for June twice!!
As for customer support-very poor they don't call back when they say or they tell you they will call back and don't until you re-ring them.Took a month to get me connected(Eircoms fault) but I was the one who had to chase imagine to get it sorted.Also I told them(Tuesday morning) unless they sorted this bill issue out I would cancel my direct debitthe following day...they rang this morning to ask what was my query about broadband about!!
And Yes it was an 05 number

05 is a cock up but having no proper CS or Billing is soooo BT Ireland I feel.

Back