Eason's web site is terrible.... Buying books over the web..

P

PadraigL

Any one else out there consider the EASON web page to be the worst ever.
I can never find a book I want. I always get a result of "1 of 500" and then have to trawl through all them.

Other than Amazon what other sites have people found good. I am currently buying my books from Amazon.com even thought there is a charge of $10 for delivery. They are still cheaper that EASONS and Amazon.co.uk.

Rant finished...............

Book Site

www.thebookpeople.co.uk is a good `un. Not a huge selection but very cheap, and prompt delivery. Think they`ve got an Irish site now-www.thebookpeople.ie I think.

Eason`s charge 5 E for delivery of first book and 3 E for subsequent books though 20E would be their max delivery charge. It`s still high.

www.thebookbrain.co.uk doesn`t sell books but is a great link for finding the cheapest version of the book you want to buy online. It basically trawls through other book sites and throws up a comparison of their book price and delivery charge. Worth a look.

Cliona

Book Site

I gave up on Easons when I tried without success to use their website then went in to be told that a book listed as in stock would take two weeks plus to order and be available for collection in person even though they wanted payment up front. Since then I have bought most of my books new or second hand from US based Amazon Marketplace resellers and they arrive quicker and are generally cheaper even with the delivery charge...

agree...

Agree absolutely re Easons - I just don't bother anymore. Abebooks are good as are www.scholars.ie for school books. €6.50 delivery and they will order anything you need if it's not listed - beats traipsing around town any day.

Back